Ribh's D'Coopage

Science lesson time.......:tongue

White is technically the absence of color (colour). All colors (colours) are wavelegnths of light that are reflected back to your eye. Black is actually all colors (colours) being absorbed so the obect appears black because no light is reflected back.

Just saying :oops:
It's scary when science starts agreeing with me!

I actually have very good colour differentiation. The man doesn't. It makes for some interesting conversations. 🙄
What made me decide that I needed a computer algorithm to measure color was a room full of people looking at the same color and everyone coming up with a different value. I had my human factors guys look at the results... They did a bit of digging and found several studies that suggest we all see color a little differently. We're pretty consistent on the H value, but we go different on the S and B values. That was a really painful project. The science made my head hurt.

I actually have very good colour differentiation. The man doesn't. It makes for some interesting conversations. 🙄
Most of us fall into a small enough range to agree on the primary colours at least. I have met a few people who are what is described wrongly imo, as colour blind when I worked in a R&D dept. They saw colour just, fine but red a green got mixed up.

What made me decide that I needed a computer algorithm to measure color was a room full of people looking at the same color and everyone coming up with a different value. I had my human factors guys look at the results... They did a bit of digging and found several studies that suggest we all see color a little differently. We're pretty consistent on the H value, but we go different on the S and B values. That was a really painful project. The science made my head hurt.
When we were doing the coop I went online & picked out my colours thinking I'd be quick enough the man wouldn't lose patience. What I initially chose had a yellow base tone ~ which they were out off. Everything I began looking @ also had that yellow base. It was what was giving the colour a * garden blend* shade. It got very frustrating until I was able to shift to a blue base but the man kept suggesting things & I kept refusing them because they didn't have the *pop* I wanted. He still has no idea what I'm talking about. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom