Ribh's D'Coopage

You posted a video of one of your hens hopping over a fence. She wasn't even trying.:D The pro tree huggers here would at least take a moment to judge the jump.
Now looking at them free range...well, I've probably said enough.:duc
They are absolutely lovely looking though.
Why would she need to judge that jump? She does it multiple times a day. 🙄

Yes, every chook we've owned has liked this particular area. In summer they go just that bit further & get under the shell ginger where it is cool & damp. Unfortunately it is really steep & that is problematic.
It looks perfect for them though. Proper jungle style. If it's any consolation the banks here are steeper. I have a rope I use to navigate some of them and I've still slipped.

I have a problem.
I went out to check on my girls last night to find Luna, who looked & sounded fine @ dinner time, coughing & sneezing, with a nasal discharge & mucusy drool. I can't get her to a vet till Thursday so any advice in the meantime would be helpful. I had her in the bathroom overnight & will put her in the small pen today where she can see & hear her flock but not contaminate them ~ I hope. The man says its possible it's a cold or allergy reaction ~ which would be the best outcome~ but she is very rattly.

View attachment 2341992
Don't know what to suggest that is practicable and quick.
For future reference this is what the pros use and I have some here for their water but it needs misting in the coop for that type of problem.
https://www.shagbarkbantams.com/the-many-uses-of-oxine-ah-animal-health/

It looks perfect for them though. Proper jungle style. If it's any consolation the banks here are steeper. I have a rope I use to navigate some of them and I've still slipped.
Yep, but I'd prefer not to break my neck. :lol: It gets steeper as you go down the hill. It's even stopped the chooks. :gig

Don't know what to suggest that is practicable and quick.
For future reference this is what the pros use and I have some here for their water but it needs misting in the coop for that type of problem.
https://www.shagbarkbantams.com/the-many-uses-of-oxine-ah-animal-health/
Thanks, Shad. I'll go have a read. I couldn't find anything helpful last night but the good news is she's laid ~ nothing wrong with her egg ~ & is eating, drinking & clucking away normally. She just sounds like a ton of trucks rumbling down the highway. She's always been a sneezer & a bit rattly in the chest but as that is normal for her [though I freaked out the 1st time she sneezed] I'm only concerned because this is different.

Thanks, Shad. I'll go have a read. I couldn't find anything helpful last night but the good news is she's laid ~ nothing wrong with her egg ~ & is eating, drinking & clucking away normally. She just sounds like a ton of trucks rumbling down the highway. She's always been a sneezer & a bit rattly in the chest but as that is normal for her [though I freaked out the 1st time she sneezed] I'm only concerned because this is different.
I just though given 'the man' is into horiculture he may have a misting system that could produce a fine enough spray.

Back
Top Bottom