Ribh's D'Coopage

Shadrach

Roosterist
Jul 31, 2018
Catalonia, Spain
My Coop
He does. It's set up in the bush house! :gig
Well, you may have to talk to the man about the concentration and misting but if you had oxine and the system produces a fine enough spray then in future you could put a symptomatic hen in the bush house.
Don't pass the blame onto me if he looks pissy about the idea.:p
I should make it absolutely clear I have never tried the misting technique.

Ribh

Enabler
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
Well, you may have to talk to the man about the concentration and misting but if you had oxine and the system produces a fine enough spray then in future you could put a symptomatic hen in the bush house.
Don't pass the blame onto me if he looks pissy about the idea.:p
I should make it absolutely clear I have never tried the misting technique.
:thumbsup You're all in the clear, Shad. He's already asked what your advice is. :lau

MaryJanet

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
My Coop
Unfortunately yes. I shouldn't have my chooks in my neighbours' yards ~ & that's where they venture if they've a mind. I have great neighbours but the chooks are still my responsibility to keep in my yard. Aoife, if you remember, did a circuit out over the bank of our property: 50' up amongst the treetops. If I were sensible I would stick with the heavy non~flighty breeds but I like the other...:idunno
Now you've mentioned it, I do recall.

Hmmm maybe you need a longer chicken-ing rod?

MaryJanet

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
My Coop

Aussie-Chookmum

Crossing the Road
Apr 20, 2019
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Yes, every chook we've owned has liked this particular area. In summer they go just that bit further & get under the shell ginger where it is cool & damp. Unfortunately it is really steep & that is problematic.
I thought you had them coming when you called at one stage Ribh. You may need to up their training. 🤣

"Chook, chook, chooook! Meal worms! Chook, chook, chooook! " 🐓

Top Bottom