Ribh's D'Coopage

Does anyone have any creative ways to administer antibiotics to a rooster? (I think Jaffar is tired of soldier fly larva )??????? Suggestions appreciated! :fl
I administer directly with a syringe. Tuck the chicken under my right arm and open their beak with my right hand. I then administer the antibiotic with my left hand.

It works. The chicken doesn't necessarily like it but it works.

Yesterday the girls decided all the leaf litter looked better on our paths than in our garden.
View attachment 2352223

So I raked it all up & shoved it in their coop.
I think they need a couple of days confinement to really appreciate what they have.
View attachment 2352224
You will learn your lessons ladies

Screenshot_20200928-230143_YouTube.jpg

Especially you Aoife
Screenshot_20200928-230514_YouTube.jpg

Actually, it's more: stay where you belong because of dogs... :lol: It's less of an issue if they stay out our front [where the water is] If they head towards the road, as they did yesterday, they are really vulnerable to dog attacks. It's why we're working on expanding & securing their run. We are just seeing waay too many lose dogs around.
Why are loose dogs permitted? They should not be. Someone should be collecting them. Loose dogs can be killers for chickens and humans.

Why are loose dogs permitted? They should not be. Someone should be collecting them. Loose dogs can be killers for chickens and humans.
Agreed but the pound patrol is only over here if someone calls them. Lots of people ignore the law regarding dogs. My mum would hate it when tradies brought their dogs on the job. No idea why they do that. Perhaps to guard the truck? They always assume people are dog lovers.

Back
Top Bottom