Ribh's D'Coopage

Uh-oh... that doesn’t sound promising :hmm I hope all is “ok” at least for Shadrach. My “Family Drama” is starting to tail off though. Granted it has lost the “friend in the Nasty custody battle/divorce”, and has replaced them with FIL’s eccentric dear friend and goat hunter’s family. Can’t complain too much about them though as they are helping the house go up. It is (slowly) getting there. We have the floor in for the second story, but torrential rain delayed the walls. Of course we have had beautiful weather since... sigh
Hey Kris.:frow
You must be so fed up with living in a caravan.

Cillin and his hens.
P9290025.JPG
P9290024.JPG

Strangely no. He's a marketing person.
That's quite a profession. Not one I'd take on. I'm too taciturn to make it work and I don't like viewing others as a means to an end. That said, having always given it a wide berth, it's highly likely I've failed to understand it properly.

Alpia is in broody jail. 🙄 It's not all bad. The food & water is all hers. No fighting off the Goths & Visigoths. She can see & hear her tribe, she just can't get into a nesting box.

I will sit her on a roost again tonight because
  • I hate anyone being in that little prefab on their own
  • the little coop isn't well protected [as Shad says: what fences? ]
  • Anyone condemned there gets really distressed when everyone else goes to roost.
  • I sleep better when I know everyone's tucked up together. :lau
  • Something large has been prowling my yard @ night [knocked over a bird bath]~ probably a wallaby but I don't want to risk it having been a large dog.

Alpia is in broody jail. 🙄 It's not all bad. The food & water is all hers. No fighting off the Goths & Visigoths. She can see & hear her tribe, she just can't get into a nesting box.

• Anyone condemned there gets really distressed when everyone else goes to roost.
  • Something large has been prowling my yard @ night [knocked over a bird bath]~ probably a wallaby but I don't want to risk it having been a large dog.
Point 4 ...I totally agree!

I hope she gets over her broodyness quickly...poor girl! I felt bad for my escapee when I had to contain her...I wanted to place her on the roost, but I knew she would just head for greener pasture, well, more like brown weedy pastures...:gig

A wallaby is not something I would have ever thought of as being in my yard! I hope that's what it was! 💞

I hope she gets over her broodyness quickly...poor girl! I felt bad for my escapee when I had to contain her...I wanted to place her on the roost, but I knew she would just head for greener pasture, well, more like brown weedy pastures...:gig

A wallaby is not something I would have ever thought of as being in my yard! I hope that's what it was! 💞
Probably. We hear them thumping up the hill in the dark & they come into our yard for water. We don't have any grazing pasture so we don't often see them in the day.

Back
Top Bottom