Ribh's D'Coopage

Yes! It's very frustrating when a mature tree comes down in the neighborhood.
Very. Mostly they don't get replaced. People would rather snooty low maintenance designer landscape thingies that don't do anything & imo look absolutely awful. I love jungly gardens. They create habitat & help control the temperature. :)

I love when mist starts feathering out of the low places. 🥰
d786bd0e-a863-4f2c-b579-a55aaf231a3d.jpg

I have started planting in hopes of a summer crop.
6c6ff4c6-e4ce-4431-8173-977ed99a2d85.jpg

The renovating neighbours were using our outside water to wash up last week & the plumber commented on how much cooler & better smelling our yard was.
This is why. We have an upper story to protect what's underneath so even though we have sandstone rather than grass our yard still stays cool in the heat rather than baking.
ef2f2531-9212-4a42-a8c3-7c435ccb4a41.jpg

Yep. We're still renovating...🙄
Not quite done inside or out just yet.​

I didn't think you were complaining; just working out the best way of doing it.
You are right - I wasn't complaining - I enjoyed figuring it out and felt a sense of accomplishment when I managed to connect it.
I am now absolutely convinced that the predators know it is on. I have done a couple of experiments leaving it off at night and sure enough I get foxes and racoons and then when I have it on they give the Palace a wide berth. As a result I haven't been motivated to finish wiring the whole Palace - but I probably should just to be completely safe.

I love when mist starts feathering out of the low places. 🥰
View attachment 2356378
I have started planting in hopes of a summer crop.
View attachment 2356379
The renovating neighbours were using our outside water to wash up last week & the plumber commented on how much cooler & better smelling our yard was.
This is why. We have an upper story to protect what's underneath so even though we have sandstone rather than grass our yard still stays cool in the heat rather than baking.
View attachment 2356380

Yep. We're still renovating...🙄
Not quite done inside or out just yet.​
I love your yard Jehane! A home & yard are never finished...not trying to be depressing...lol, but they are always a work in progress!
What are you going to grow in your garden?

Edit to add the picture of the mist is beautiful!

Last edited:
I was worried they would eat a bait, stagger outside and die where the girls would find them, so we stopped. I’m also less grossed out finding them in the house now that I view them as chook food! :D
I keep little stacks of small plastic pots (the kind that come with take-out food) at strategic locations around the place so I can capture any kind of creepy-crawly and bring it out to the Chicken Palace.
I have mixed feelings about spiders as I grew up being told they were lucky so killing them wasn't a god thing to do.

Dad removed all of Nana's fruit trees and grapevine :barnie

I've only been here a few years but the jacaranda, citrus and hibiscus are really coming along. And I guess I'm grateful to dad for giving me a blank slate, but I'd have been even more grateful for Nana's plums and grapes.
I have a quirky relationship with trees.
Yes! It's very frustrating when a mature tree comes down in the neighborhood.
Every time I lose a tree I plant two. And if one of those fails I plant two more. I have this odd feeling that I need to leave this world having increased the number of trees (which honestly makes no sense but makes me feel better somehow).

I have a quirky relationship with trees.

Every time I lose a tree I plant two. And if one of those fails I plant two more. I have this odd feeling that I need to leave this world having increased the number of trees (which honestly makes no sense but makes me feel better somehow).
It makes a lot of sense when you consider how many are removed and how important they are.

Back
Top Bottom