Ribh's D'Coopage

Awwww poor Luna. It must be a challenging adjustment for her.
And yet the worst hen fight we've ever had here was between Luna & Suyin. Luna took Suyin by the comb & ground her down into the dirt. It was so bad I was on the point of interfering.

Any change tips the flock balance but sometimes it's a good, fun thing. I had a lovely little partridge Wyandotte banty who was the only banty in the flock @ the time. I was supposed to get 2 but the breeder wouldn't sell me her sister as she felt she wasn't up to standard so I took this girl anyway & she was always right @ the bottom of the pecking order though so fast she stayed out of trouble. When I added new girls this banty suddenly found herself quite a lot higher up the pecking order & she was so delighted it was a joy to watch! She really came out of herself. Unfortunately she had reproductive issues that I'm pretty sure took her in the end. Just when I really needed a vet we went into lockdown & the vets notified us they were shut. It didn't last long but it was long enough. :(
Little Lottie 🥰

You've got me remembering how Sandy flourished once she had the pullets to educate. It'll be Ivy's turn next year.

Any change tips the flock balance but sometimes it's a good, fun thing. I had a lovely little partridge Wyandotte banty who was the only banty in the flock @ the time. I was supposed to get 2 but the breeder wouldn't sell me her sister as she felt she wasn't up to standard so I took this girl anyway & she was always right @ the bottom of the pecking order though so fast she stayed out of trouble. When I added new girls this banty suddenly found herself quite a lot higher up the pecking order & she was so delighted it was a joy to watch! She really came out of herself. Unfortunately she had reproductive issues that I'm pretty sure took her in the end. Just when I really needed a vet we went into lockdown & the vets notified us they were shut. It didn't last long but it was long enough. :(
I'm so glad that she was able to enjoy some new found freedom and happiness, even for a short time! Sorry you lost such a sweet sounding girl! :hugs

Little Lottie 🥰

You've got me remembering how Sandy flourished once she had the pullets to educate. It'll be Ivy's turn next year.
Yes I still miss her terribly. 😥 Alpia is even sweeter which is so nice. Bantys have really grown on me. I haven't had a nasty one yet.

Yes I still miss her terribly. 😥 Alpia is even sweeter which is so nice. Bantys have really grown on me. I haven't had a nasty one yet.
Awwww ... You can borrow Peggy if you want :gig

Screenshot_2020-11-17-09-07-02-10.png

Tap and Treacle.
Cillin would let Tap go if Treacle made more of an effort. It is hard for him not having his own place etc but despite all my encouragemnt and demonstrations he just hasn't got the giving bit down.:he
View attachment 2422728
That's curious. What's he thinking. He reminds me of a teenager with a gaming habit.

Back
Top Bottom