Ribh's D'Coopage

That's really unfortunate. So much knowledge will be lost when she passes.
Most people aren't interested in her type of knowledge any more. Many people think the internet can and will answer all their questions. It is to a great extent true; the internet will give you answers, lots of them, each one different from the other.
Unfortunately many people will take the first answer they find......
Where this has become most noticeable ime is in the how to do things. There are many things that take years of teaching and practice to get right. A UTube vid doesn't really cover them.

Most people aren't interested in her type of knowledge any more. Many people think the internet can and will answer all their questions. It is to a great extent true; the internet will give you answers, lots of them, each one different from the other.
Where this has become most noticeable ime is in the how to do things. There are many things that take years of teaching and practice to get right. A UTube vid doesn't really cover them.
This is true ~ & I am very guilty of using the internet this way. However when it comes to doing stuff with animals it takes years & years of practice & a certain empathy. Gardening too & it must be true of other things as well but anything hand made has lost it's value because you can get it cheaper & softer out of China. We really do have a lot of our values upside down.

IMG_20201202_082255.jpg

You have to watch out for the dogs.

That sounds like a fair exchange. :) Does she teach @ all ~ or more to the point, take on novices? She'd be worth learning from.
I would love to be a novice witch. I have a decent knowledge of basic herbs and their medicinal properties (though not admittedly in chickens).

Sorry - I may be good with herbs and plants generally, but I am not good at reading ahead. :oops:

Today is a mainland day as well but it should be more fun than yesterday.
The man is taking the lads out for a seafood lunch & my 2nd DIL decided it was time we celebrated my birthday so I am going out to lunch too ~ destination unknown! :lol: Don't fret people. It's not my birthday. Round here we rarely celebrate anything on it's given date so we're just catching up!

The girls will not be happy as this means it's a coop day for them ~ their 2nd in a row & so of course will Friday because the man & I will be picking up chickens & that will pretty much be an all day affair.​
O no. Poor chookies. :(

I would love to be a novice witch. I have a decent knowledge of basic herbs and their medicinal properties (though not admittedly in chickens).

Sorry - I may be good with herbs and plants generally, but I am not good at reading ahead. :oops:
Not having to read ahead and know what's coming is I think in stage 4 of the witches official training. Herbs and stuff will get you on the course though.:D

Back
Top Bottom