Ribh's D'Coopage

Remind me again of the benefit of cheese for fatty liver?
It's got something in it that aids the liver. Hang on, I'll dig out Dr Mark's notes.

IMG20201116175042.jpg

Methionine.

Don't be afraid to handle them...it will help them to warm up to you so much faster! We always had Banty's until this year, they are tiny, but tough enough! 💞
Once I've managed to grab them I think we're all calmer. My older bantys came as POLs & they are huge by comparison.

It's got something in it that aids the liver. Hang on, I'll dig out Dr Mark's notes.

View attachment 2437455

Methionine.
For clarity, two cups of pellets with two pinches of cheese. So that's half a pinch per hen per dinner. For a treat, one strand of grated cheese.

Taking @drstratton 's advice I took time this afternoon to handle several of my new girls.
Desdemona was first ~ & the calmest by far! There was a little thrumming through her body but she settled & chirped & chirruped.

20201205_174912 (2).jpg

Ceres wasn't impressed @ all.

20201205_175901 (2).jpg

An Olivia was just panicked.

20201205_175611 (2).jpg

And this is why they have to be able to be handled. Little cuddle puddles all over the pen as the sun went down. I had to hoy everyone into the coop. I will open the door a bit later on as 1/2 the nutters headed straight back out. The coop is much safer than the run.

20201205_182423 (2).jpg

That can be arranged. ;) Just tell me when so I can meet your boat. :lau

They're great names but no~one wanted them. :( I tried out both Viola & Cordelia & noses turned up all over the place.:idunno
😞 Well, I guess that means they are available for my next additions. 😀

Did no-one want Mistress Quickly? 😟
Maybe that's for an older hen...

Taking @drstratton 's advice I took time this afternoon to handle several of my new girls.
Desdemona was first ~ & the calmest by far! There was a little thrumming through her body but she settled & chirped & chirruped.

View attachment 2437472
Ceres wasn't impressed @ all.

View attachment 2437473

An Olivia was just panicked.

View attachment 2437474

And this is why they have to be able to be handled. Little cuddle puddles all over the pen as the sun went down. I had to hoy everyone into the coop. I will open the door a bit later on as 1/2 the nutters headed straight back out. The coop is much safer than the run.

View attachment 2437475
A little vid...
They look pretty calm in your lap there Ribh. Well done!

Just wait until they are old enough for bribery and corruption (meal worms and cheese). They won't want to leave you alone!

Back
Top Bottom