View attachment 2461810

2 cups sugar

4 eggs lightly beaten

2 cups of sifted self rising flour

2 cups coarsely grated carrot

2 teaspoons of cinnamon

1 1/2 cups oil

1 cup chopped walnuts

Add sugar to eggs gradually, stirring well. Combine flour & cinnamon. Reserve small amount of flour. Add flour & oil to egg mixture, beginning & ending with flour. Dredge walnuts with reserved flour. Fold in walnuts & carrots. Pour batter into greased, waxed~paper lined layer cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 ~ 40 minutes. Turn on to racks to cook thoroughly.

Filling:

2 8oz packages cream cheese

2 teaspoons vanilla

1/2 cup butter {I've forgotten this without disaster happening.]

13/4 cups icing sugar [powdered sugar?]

1 cup chopped walnuts.

Mix cheese, vanilla, butter & sugar. Add walnuts. Mix well. Spread between layers & on top of cake. Gives about 20 servings!

Sounds and looks amazing. Can’t wait to try this one once we have finished the Christmas baked goods we already have ready to go. Will be able to use home fresh eggs and carrots from the garden. So exciting. Thanks for sharing.

CARROT CAKE.

For @BY Bob: 1 carrot cake.

View attachment 2461810

2 cups sugar

4 eggs lightly beaten

2 teaspoons of cinnamon

1 1/2 cups oil

1 cup chopped walnuts

Add sugar to eggs gradually, stirring well. Combine flour & cinnamon. Reserve small amount of flour. Add flour & oil to egg mixture, beginning & ending with flour. Dredge walnuts with reserved flour. Fold in walnuts & carrots. Pour batter into greased, waxed~paper lined layer cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 ~ 40 minutes. Turn on to racks to cook thoroughly.

Filling:

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 cup chopped walnuts.

Mix cheese, vanilla, butter & sugar. Add walnuts. Mix well. Spread between layers & on top of cake. Gives about 20 servings!

I love carrot cake! And banana cake or even banana bread!

CARROT CAKE.

For @BY Bob: 1 carrot cake.

View attachment 2461810

2 cups sugar

4 eggs lightly beaten

2 teaspoons of cinnamon

1 1/2 cups oil

1 cup chopped walnuts

Filling:

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 cup chopped walnuts.

What a wonderful gift. It looks delicious :drool :drool and now I am going to try and make one offer the holidays! :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom