Ribh's D'Coopage

What's the difference?

Technically the terms break & fracture are interchangeable. They mean a bone has been shattered. However out here a fracture quite often refers to a bone that has only a partial break. Even some professionals will make that distinction. Medically a break is a fracture & a fracture is a break. :)

I think you're right, when the older birds trust you, the younger ones follow their lead.

I have been really surprised by how accepting the Bigs are of the Littlies this time. When I've done POL there's always been a little bit of shuffling for position but I think @BY Bob is right & this new lot will just tag onto the bottom of the other lot. That works for me. :D

I have been really surprised by how accepting the Bigs are of the Littlies this time. When I've done POL there's always been a little bit of shuffling for position but I think @BY Bob is right & this new lot will just tag onto the bottom of the other lot. That works for me. :D
So easy to manage!

This morning I let the Little girls out 1st, then the big girls joined them.

20210113_113853.jpg

No dramas really.
Glorianna had a small issue. She tried jumping on Sodas back, much to Sodas surprise but I think Gloriana had thought better of it before she even finished her jump because she scuttled away in a hurry! :lol:

20210113_113757.jpg

The only one who seemed to be running into trouble was Regan & I think that's because she's the most mature & closest to POL.
A number of different hens had a go @ her but she was submissive & nothing came of any of the encounters.

This seems to be working well.
They had about an hour together then the Littlies retreated to their coop again.
20210113_113725.jpg

Back
Top Bottom