Ribh's D'Coopage

I have quickly developed a soft spot for Desdemona.
I was late letting the little ones out. The big girls were rampaging & the littlies had holed up in their coop. It took some encouraging to get them all out but eventually everyone except Desdemona was happily scratching in the leaf litter.

I stuck my hand in the run. She hopped on & let me lift her out but she was in no hurry to vacate such a prime position. She remained on my hand as I sat down & rested my hand on my knee, giving me an earful! :lol:

I'd've liked to know what she was saying. She sounded pretty cross about it but wasn't scared or anxious. When she'd had her say she hopped down & went about her business.

20210120_100236.jpg

I was late letting the little ones out. The big girls were rampaging & the littlies had holed up in their coop. It took some encouraging to get them all out but eventually everyone except Desdemona was happily scratching in the leaf litter.

I stuck my hand in the run. She hopped on & let me lift her out but she was in no hurry to vacate such a prime position. She remained on my hand as I sat down & rested my hand on my knee, giving me an earful! :lol:

I'd've liked to know what she was saying. She sounded pretty cross about it but wasn't scared or anxious. When she'd had her say she hopped down & went about her business.

View attachment 2496053

What a sweetheart! Is she one of the Japanese bantams?

The Little Nut Jobs. I don't know what it is but there is a lot of jostling round the window when everyone goes to roost. There's nothing to see out there.

Of course if I'm sitting out there, there is a lot of squeaking but obviously I wasn't. :lol:

View attachment 2494725
They may be nut jobs, but they are adorable nut jobs!

View attachment 2496053
So adorable. Is she the same one who was enjoying being stroked in your lap awhile back?

Hi folks. Apparently my thread on Ester's care is "featured." I transitioned her back outside this past weekend. The thread is long, but if you'd like to jump straight to the finish, there is a video of her staying up scratching and foraging after the rest of the flock had gone to bed.

Just for kicks, here she is doing an awesome job being tube fed over a week ago. It takes us a bit to get going, as she kept wanted to squat for me. LOL.:lau

View attachment 2496053
So special 🤗

Hi folks. Apparently my thread on Ester's care is "featured." I transitioned her back outside this past weekend. The thread is long, but if you'd like to jump straight to the finish, there is a video of her staying up scratching and foraging after the rest of the flock had gone to bed.

Just for kicks, here she is doing an awesome job being tube fed over a week ago. It takes us a bit to get going, as she kept wanted to squat for me. LOL.:lau
I actually found this & was reading while we were travelling today. It is an interesting read.

Back
Top Bottom