Ribh's D'Coopage

Patricia's bum is bright red.

View attachment 2497414
I'm assuming that's the Uropygial gland. Everything round there is red & infected as well.
I am not happy. My girls are stressing me out just now. 😧
I have slathered her in Betadine & started her on Medh's antibiotics ~ which are a broad spectrum antibiotic.​

View attachment 2497415

The poor girl is sort of moulting just now too.

I'm hoping this is not another vet trip ~ which it will be if things don't improve drastically by next week.​
Oh, dear. That looks quite sore.

Oh, dear. That looks quite sore.

I think it must have been. :( She seems more comfortable today & she is being brilliant about taking medication! She's one of my oldest girls too so one of my more stable flock members. She seems to know I'm trying to help & is co~operating beautifully. :)

I think it must have been. :( She seems more comfortable today & she is being brilliant about taking medication! She's one of my oldest girls too so one of my more stable flock members. She seems to know I'm trying to help & is co~operating beautifully. :)
I am so glad to hear that. It is amazing to me when they really seem to understand we are helping. I'm not sure why it amazes me; it makes sense. But I still enjoy the surprise!

That does sound like a lot of work, and time-consuming.
I hope all your girls are restored to excellent health.
chickens are high maintenance for sure. :rolleyes:

They're good. I'm just treating for coccidiosis as it's been so wet all summer. I did a full on worming recently too & I have Patricia on antibiotics for an infection. @Shadrach had suggested the wormer I was using wasn't working as it should so I have had words with my vet & we are hitting the flock hard hoping to get a number of niggly little things under control. I'm also putting a supplement in my broody's feed...😁. Her sister is scoffing the leftovers.

I was off the island early this morning on babysitting duties but I have now medicated more than 1/2 my flock for coccidiosis. Just the Littlest still to go. Nearly everyone has been really good about it. Even Morrigu, once I caught her, was co~operative. It's always a bit dodgy when I have to do stuff like this as I deliberately don't handle my girls all that much but all my older girls are reasonably friendly & we have a good relationship so they don't really fight me once I've grabbed them.

The Littlies came & foraged round my feet yesterday. 😁 That's a first & how I like my relationship with my chickens. I don't really want them in my lap but I love to have them come & hang out with me & have a bit of a chat!

Back
Top Bottom