Ribh's D'Coopage

Eve's Adventures

Eve has left us tho return home to her Dad. We had a wonderful visit. The Wombat books were a big hit as always. I read and read them. Thanks so much @LozzyR

Since it's Caturday let's see how the cats did with her.

Davis tends to hide when any strangers come to the house, especially small children. Isabel is pretty good with people overall. I figured we would not see Davis at all. I was very wrong.

He was extremely tolerant of Eve and for her part, Eve was very good with both of them. No grabbing, no fur pulling. In fact she was so good it would give me confidence to try something else before she left. Here is Eve with the kitties.

Her and Isabel spent time crawling around together.
View attachment 2537948

Davis was so comfortable with her he would even lay belly up!
View attachment 2537952
View attachment 2537950

Here she is telling Davis Hi!

And feeding Davis cat snacks.

For all my Aussie friends, this is her new favorite TV show!
View attachment 2537951
Bob, she is so precious...:love

It's just time, which is always in short supply round here. :) When our weather's good I try to spend a lot of time with the flock but we have had a very damp summer & our weather is already starting to turn.
I haven't been out with them as much as I would like either, but today was a perfect day to hang out with them...it was 60 degree's, which was warmer than forecast! I'm looking forward to spring!

Some random photos:
Regan finds the fencing no impediment to either perching or exploring.. 🙄
View attachment 2538463
I have no idea what this is. I found it drowning in one of the ponds & thought it interesting. Sorta like a cross between a moth & a dragonfly...🤔
View attachment 2538465

And our tadpoles are morphing into actual frogs. 😁
I spotted this tiny fellow taking a breather on a lily pad yesterday.
View attachment 2538473
What fun & lovely pictures!

Roosting gets madder & madder.
Ceres is often 1st. She knows what she wants & being 1st simply takes it. Portia, being bigger, can bully her along the roost. It starts getting iffy from that point on. I'm pretty sure Desdemona is right @ the bottom of this lots pecking order & being both a Japanese & a bantam often has trouble with the roosts, never mind getting a position she wants so I often lift her up onto a roost & let her sort it out from there ~ only tonight she decided she was perfectly happy roosting on my hand & was not prepared to budge @ any price. Titania decided Desdemona was onto a good thing & perched on my outstretched arm. Regan joined her. I had 3 mad chooks perched along my arm preparing to roost there for the night & no~one wanted to move!!!​

View attachment 2538990
One by one I encouraged them onto the 2nd roost. Titania got right under Regan then popped up through her feathers. Eventually she took her Big Girl position between Regan & Gloriana, but they were bunched up tight & cuddly while the Big Girls were comfortably spread along the top roost & some were already out for the night.​
View attachment 2538991
I love roosting time at your place...they are all so beautiful!

I'm so glad that your girls were all safe after the attack from whatever bird it was!

Titania leading the way.
Ive got it right, havent I, mum?
Everyone was reallylate roosting tonivht. After a scorcher of a day the cool sea breeze was too nice to resist.
20210223_175216.jpg

I haven't been out with them as much as I would like either, but today was a perfect day to hang out with them...it was 60 degree's, which was warmer than forecast! I'm looking forward to spring!
It's coming. Spring is coming. I can feel it.

Titania leading the way.
Ive got it right, havent I, mum?
Everyone was reallylate roosting tonivht. After a scorcher of a day the cool sea breeze was too nice to resist.
View attachment 2541812
I love how she is checking in with you to make sure she has it right. Adorable. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom