Ribh's D'Coopage

It has been one of those days. I have been keeping an eye on Ceres for the past couple of days. She just seemed off to me but I couldn't pinpoint what I thought was wrong. I pulled her from the coop a couple of times but there didn't seem to be anything particularly wrong. I began treating her for coccidiosis & this morning pulled her again. She dropped a huge watery poop on my living room floor so she has been inside ~ bathroom isolation. She finally ate some feed with probiotic yoghurt tonight, is drinking & a lot perkier. I have been treating some lesions on her comb & wattles as well. The nastiest seems to be a pecking injury so hopefully she has been treated correctly.

I went out to feed everyone else. The babies were all eating ,drinking & making merry. When I got back the littlest Wyandotte was down & I lost her an hour or so later. No idea what happened. So far as I can tell everyone else is fine ~ but who knows. They are on my kitchen table where I've been able to keep a close eye on them.

I pulled Gloriana this afternoon to put stuff on her wattles & comb too. :( Wrold is moulting & really miserable with it. Alpia has gone broody. The Vorwerks seems to be doing ok & my older girls are looking really healthy just now, now Lavender isn't constantly plucking them.

It has been one of those days. I have been keeping an eye on Ceres for the past couple of days. She just seemed off to me but I couldn't pinpoint what I thought was wrong. I pulled her from the coop a couple of times but there didn't seem to be anything particularly wrong. I began treating her for coccidiosis & this morning pulled her again. She dropped a huge watery poop on my living room floor so she has been inside ~ bathroom isolation. She finally ate some feed with probiotic yoghurt tonight, is drinking & a lot perkier. I have been treating some lesions on her comb & wattles as well. The nastiest seems to be a pecking injury so hopefully she has been treated correctly.

I went out to feed everyone else. The babies were all eating ,drinking & making merry. When I got back the littlest Wyandotte was down & I lost her an hour or so later. No idea what happened. So far as I can tell everyone else is fine ~ but who knows. They are on my kitchen table where I've been able to keep a close eye on them.

I pulled Gloriana this afternoon to put stuff on her wattles & comb too. :( Wrold is moulting & really miserable with it. Alpia has gone broody. The Vorwerks seems to be doing ok & my older girls are looking really healthy just now, now Lavender isn't constantly plucking them.
So many emojis for this one Ribh. Sorry to hear you lost one of the new chicks. 😔:hugs

Glad to hear that Ceres seems to be improving and your old girls are fine. With the size of your flock now, chances are there will always be someone who is broody or moulting. Unless they all synchronize that is. That sounds rather like a nightmare. 😳😱

The plucking thing I can really relate to. Since we lost Tsuki, the feathers on Edwina's legs are coming back in whole and the feathers on Alice's back and head are looking less bedraggled.

Thank you for the flock update. :hugs

So many emojis for this one Ribh. Sorry to hear you lost one of the new chicks. 😔:hugs

Glad to hear that Ceres seems to be improving and your old girls are fine. With the size of your flock now, chances are there will always be someone who is broody or moulting. Unless they all synchronize that is. That sounds rather like a nightmare. 😳😱

The plucking thing I can really relate to. Since we lost Tsuki, the feathers on Edwina's legs are coming back in whole and the feathers on Alice's back and head are looking less bedraggled.

Thank you for the flock update. :hugs
So many dynamics change when you lose someone like Tsuki. She was such a character & had such influence over the flock

:hugs:hugs

All Wyandottes are showy birds. I will be interested to see how these turn out.
I like that. "Showy" birds. I'm not sure if Sansa does though. 🤔
20210306_064703.jpg

Back
Top Bottom