Ribh's D'Coopage

I swear Aoife gets nuttier by the day.
I found her investigating the nesting box lid this morning though how she could even consider that a suitable nesting spot I have no idea!
View attachment 2627123
She then went to investigate the chip bale...

View attachment 2627129
I expect to find an egg when I investigate.
View attachment 2627145
I think yours have been on Beak Book with mine. I have no other explanation for how one of the Princesses (Dotty I am looking at you) who dutifully lay their eggs in the nest boxes provided decided to change that.
And the spot she chose? The doorstep between the coop and the run part of the Chicken Palace. Maximum traffic area both chicken and human. Was she lonely maybe?!
:lau

Once the lads are desexed they are wonderful companions. I'm not sure I'd ever want a full Tom.
As a child we were adopted by Joseph - an un-neutered Tom cat who ruled the district. He got into some terrible fights and had horrific injuries. It was very distressing.

I think yours have been on Beak Book with mine. I have no other explanation for how one of the Princesses (Dotty I am looking at you) who dutifully lay their eggs in the nest boxes provided decided to change that.
And the spot she chose? The doorstep between the coop and the run part of the Chicken Palace. Maximum traffic area both chicken and human. Was she lonely maybe?!
:lau
That is not good selection. Perhaps she was having so much fun she didn't want to stop and just dropped it while playing. 🤣

We are settling in nicely. No more hissing, no more fluffing out. No playing yet but that will come. I'm sure.

20210420_212336.jpg

Back
Top Bottom