Ribh's D'Coopage

I've been saying for a while I've not been happy about Gloriana.
Not sick, just not as sassy as I thought she used to be. Not pecking everybody like she used to. Not foraging quite as she used to. Not running with the Vorwerks like she used to. I picked her up the other night & she felt super light, much lighter than her sister, Portia, who is the same age. She eats enough &
She's a Wyandotte ~ a dual purpose bird. She is meant to be a big heavy girl.

So I carted her inside. At least with all the handling she is accommodating & I've not got a large, angry chook batting @ me & screaming her head off. That would be the Vorwerks. 🙄 First a shot of vitamins. Never goes astray. I wormed her with the rest of the flock but after Shad's warnings I suspected worms probably. More likely than not the worming treatment hadn't worked with her. I dug around in my chook kit to see what I had. Yep, a few tablets left! :D I know they're super effective so I shoved 1/2 a one down her throat & put her back with the girls.

Today I happened to be right there when she dropped a poop so I rushed over to investigate. Only a Chickeneer understands another chickeneer's obsession with chook poop. 😆 And there they were! Thread worms! Nice & dead so I'm hoping I've solved Gloriana's problem. She's certainly been more herself today.
Just look @ that face! Watch out Chookies!
View attachment 2670369
Well done you. :yesss:

I'm very impressed with your observation and medic skills!
(and poop examining skills. 😁)

I bit the bullet tonight. At full dark I moved all the babies onto a roost in the big coop. There was some consternation ~ especially from Shuri who was the last one nabbed & totally distressed @ finding herself alone but they all settled well ~ well apart from Tsura who managed to crawl right down my jumper sleeve in the transfer necessitating the complete removal of said jumper in order to retrieve her. 🙄 There's one in every crowd...but she was the first & had no idea what was happening to her.

Oh, gosh. I need to explain better don't I! 🤣
I think in this case it was more end user error. I was sure you said she crawled up your sleeve.
I went back and checked.
It was definitely down. :th:confused: 🤪

Sif.
I think she's the prettiest of the Vorwerks.
Most of the Middle tribe came & sat with with me this afternoon & had a grooming session.

Yet when I wanted them in the pen they immediately lost the plot & ran around the yard like berserkers.
View attachment 2670381
She's a stunner!

Well done you. :yesss:

I'm very impressed with your observation and medic skills!
(and poop examining skills. 😁)

Me too! Very impressive.
Thank you, ladies. Observation is one thing. Knowing what to do with what one observes is another thing entirely. I think @Shadrach deserves a round of thanks as he's the one pointed out the wormer the vet gave me might not work so I didn't immediately dismiss worms as I otherwise would have, knowing I'd only recently wormed the flock.

Thank you, ladies. Observation is one thing. Knowing what to do with what one observes is another thing entirely. I think @Shadrach deserves a round of thanks as he's the one pointed out the wormer the vet gave me might not work so I didn't immediately dismiss worms as I otherwise would have, knowing I'd only recently wormed the flock.
He's worth his weight in gold.

Sif.
I think she's the prettiest of the Vorwerks.
Most of the Middle tribe came & sat with with me this afternoon & had a grooming session.

Yet when I wanted them in the pen they immediately lost the plot & ran around the yard like berserkers.
View attachment 2670381
She is very pretty!

Back
Top Bottom