Ribh's D'Coopage

Here's an update on the Emu running loose in Perry County. He was captured by a high school girl and her brother. Elvis (the Emu) decided that Hannah is his person and his previous owners decided to let him stay with them. As you can see he seems quite happy about it. A happy ending all the way around!!

View attachment 2692602

View attachment 2692603
That is amazing. What a wonderful outcome. 🥰

Indeed. They already have different personalities.

Davis runs and hides when people enter the house, Éowyn runs TO the front door to see who is there. Davis does not sit in your lap. Éowyn would sit on your head if you let her.

They both however want to be in the room with you. Love to be petted and brushed.

They are quite a pair right now. 🥰View attachment 2692139
They are so perfect together ❤

Here's an update on the Emu running loose in Perry County. He was captured by a high school girl and her brother. Elvis (the Emu) decided that Hannah is his person and his previous owners decided to let him stay with them. As you can see he seems quite happy about it. A happy ending all the way around!!

View attachment 2692602

View attachment 2692603
I love happy endings ❤

View attachment 2692602

View attachment 2692603
Oh wow, that's amazing! It's funny how a certain animal finds the right person and it's an instant connection. What a lovely thing :love

Oh wow, that's amazing! It's funny how a certain animal finds the right person and it's an instant connection. What a lovely thing :love
Just like......
20210525_152418.jpg

Gloriana has had 2 nights in the cage & she is fed up to the back teeth with her confinement. The 1st night she was very lethargic, drank a lot but barely ate. Her poops were pure water. I have spent 2 days looking @ pictures of chicken poop trying to figure her out. 🙄

Yesterday morning she was doing her foghorn honk as I came down the stairs, eager to get her food & water.

This morning she was honking as soon as she heard my feet hit the floor upstairs. She is a lot feistier today & I will let her rejoin her tribe as soon as it warms up a little.

What was wrong? In all honesty, I have nooo idea. She may just have been having a bad day. Our night temps have been dipping towards single figures & the days have been windy & chilly. Ever since the snake attack she has been a different bird. My best guess is she no longer handles stress well ~ though what could have stressed her on that particular day...:idunno I treated her again for worms & yep, some are showing up in her poop but not like the overload she had before. I treated her for Coccidia because her poops were that bad. She has been getting a vitamin supplement & I shoved some oxymav 100 in her water because I had no access to a vet & she wasn't sick enough to warrant all the hoo~ha involved in getting her to the mainland.

She has cleaned up her food this morning, drunk well & sworn blue murder @ me for keeping her confined. :confused:
20210525_135607.jpg

Back
Top Bottom