Ribh's D'Coopage

Happy Wednesday Wherever.

This is my "before" photo to the one I posted on MJ's thread. Disaster struck just moments after this. šŸ˜‚
View attachment 2731177
Wow, that black girl is gorgeous!! Is that Edwina? Man, I wish my OEs looked like that!........ shhhhhhh, donā€™t let Bob hear me say thatšŸ¤

Desdemona on Thursday; showcasing that tail & those short stumpy legs of hers.
She carries her wings higher than a Japanese Bantam should. Rightly they should actually drag along the ground. Lots of Jap fanciers house their bantams separately so the wings keep nice & clean & they run them on grass. We don't have that option here so I'm pleased to see my girls hold their wings clear of the dirt.
20210624_130606.jpg

I came across an early picture of Patricia taken just after she arrived here.
Over 3 years she went from this...
View attachment 2732024
...to this! :eek:I'd forgotten how barred she used to be.
View attachment 2732025
I always thought chickens stayed the same once they were adults. It's amazing how much they can actually change from moult to moult! šŸ˜® Are you sure that's the same hen? šŸ˜šŸ˜œ

I always thought chickens stayed the same once they were adults. It's amazing how much they can actually change from moult to moult! šŸ˜® Are you sure that's the same hen? šŸ˜šŸ˜œ
I had this issue between Diana and Elizabeth. They were very distinct based on their feathering along their back and into their tail. That is now indistinguishable but their head and neck feathering is now completely different from each other. It took me a while to realized what was happening because they didn't do one big molt they just seem to molt a little bit all the time.

I had this issue between Diana and Elizabeth. They were very distinct based on their feathering along their back and into their tail. That is now indistinguishable but their head and neck feathering is now completely different from each other. It took me a while to realized what was happening because they didn't do one big molt they just seem to molt a little bit all the time.
Peggy seems to moult a little always too. I thought she was coming out of a moult but a couple of days ago she shook herself and five feathers fell away.

Back
Top Bottom