Ribh's D'Coopage

I swear I do not know how I ever raised 5 kids. I had the grandies for 2 days & 2 nights & while their dad arrived last night to help out & take them away this morning I feel like I need a year's rest! šŸ™„

In the middle of the mayhem GS yelled out that Beatha had a bloody beak. We all know blood is never good ~ especially when we're talking chickens. I had noticed her earlier with her head tucked under her wing & both my head hen & her 2nd standing watch over her but had thought nothing of it. My flock is in a constant state of flux.

20201113_110004.jpg

I grabbed her & brought her inside. She had a mouthful of blood & was gurgling away & I was absolutely horrified. I've never seen or read about anything like this. She seems OK this morning & is eating & drinking. I will check her mouth before I release her with the girls but my best bet is she managed to cut her mouth or tongue somehow on something she found. No idea what. Traumatising - that's been what my last 24 hours have been.

I swear I do not know how I ever raised 5 kids. I had the grandies for 2 days & 2 nights & while their dad arrived last night to help out & take them away this morning I feel like I need a year's rest! šŸ™„

In the middle of the mayhem GS yelled out that Beatha had a bloody beak. We all know blood is never good ~ especially when we're talking chickens. I had noticed her earlier with her head tucked under her wing & both my head hen & her 2nd standing watch over her but had thought nothing of it. My flock is in a constant state of flux.

View attachment 2775644

I grabbed her & brought her inside. She had a mouthful of blood & was gurgling away & I was absolutely horrified. I've never seen or read about anything like this. She seems OK this morning & is eating & drinking. I will check her mouth before I release her with the girls but my best bet is she managed to cut her mouth or tongue somehow on something she found. No idea what. Traumatising - that's been what my last 24 hours have been.
Iā€™m sorry Ribh, thatā€™s really stressful. :hugs

I am actually intestate in Paradise Lost. It has been on my reading list for years. Can you explain why it was excruciating?
Well, I'm not a Milton fan to start with. I prefer my poets, on the whole, to be a good deal shorter & pithier, like the Elizabethans. I'm a Donne fan & he can be quite snarky. šŸ¤£ I find Milton pompous & overly verbose & I take exception to his theology. He lacks humour ~ @ least humour I can relate to but mostly I think it is just personal preference. There are certain periods of English Literature I simply can't abide, no matter what those who think they know think. Milton & also the Victorians fall into that category for me.

Good evening folks :frow

I too spend my time behind a computer. I also work full time from home. Some days I'm wading through financial data looking for trends and issues, while other days I'm creating workflows on SharePoint to automate routine tasks. I also design new reports to present data in a more concise manner. In between all of that, I buy training for our 900 person team, order temporary workers as needed and purchase all subcontract labor for the team. At the end of the day, I'm way more tired than I was working at the factory 12 hours a day doing physical labor.
Intellectual fatigue is a very deep and sad sort of fatigue. Physical fatigue can be uplifting.

Working at a desk is one of the most back breaking things you can do, literally! That's why there is an an entire industry in designing ergonomic furniture, standing desks, blue light glasses. Offices offering gym memberships to their workers to reduce healthcare costs.

View attachment 2775309
I've had back issues and learned to take care of my back. I recently got myself a kneeling chair and it's taking a long time for me to adjust to it, but my back and hips are nowhere near as aching as they were.

Back
Top Bottom