Ribh's D'Coopage

Uh oh. I had already emptied my mug before I remembered what day it is

View attachment 2775731
Thanks, MJ. I haven't taken my picture yet this morning. It's been a stressful start to the day ~ which began early. The lad wanted to be on a 6.45 boat with his kiddies so it was a mad rush to get them dressed & ready. Then about 10 minutes before we had to leave he found madam had absconded with his car keys. She's still pretty non verbal so it was a mad house hunt to find them & catch his boat ~ made all the harder because madam was whiney & clingy & wouldn't let her dad get on with it.

Thanks, MJ. I haven't taken my picture yet this morning. It's been a stressful start to the day ~ which began early. The lad wanted to be on a 6.45 boat with his kiddies so it was a mad rush to get them dressed & ready. Then about 10 minutes before we had to leave he found madam had absconded with his car keys. She's still pretty non verbal so it was a mad house hunt to find them & catch his boat ~ made all the harder because madam was whiney & clingy & wouldn't let her dad get on with it.
Sounds like a cuppa is exactly what you need!

Wednesday Wherever. 😍
It's turning into a beautiful day.
20210728_092457.jpg

I agree with getting your thyroid checked. That is often a sign for me that mine is low, mine doesn't work at all really, I have taken meds since I was about 13.
My favorite base layer btw if you can find some is silk. The best for temperature regulation.

We had a sudden and awesome sunset last night.
View attachment 2775303
Lovely sunset.

I swear I do not know how I ever raised 5 kids. I had the grandies for 2 days & 2 nights & while their dad arrived last night to help out & take them away this morning I feel like I need a year's rest! 🙄

In the middle of the mayhem GS yelled out that Beatha had a bloody beak. We all know blood is never good ~ especially when we're talking chickens. I had noticed her earlier with her head tucked under her wing & both my head hen & her 2nd standing watch over her but had thought nothing of it. My flock is in a constant state of flux.

View attachment 2775644

I grabbed her & brought her inside. She had a mouthful of blood & was gurgling away & I was absolutely horrified. I've never seen or read about anything like this. She seems OK this morning & is eating & drinking. I will check her mouth before I release her with the girls but my best bet is she managed to cut her mouth or tongue somehow on something she found. No idea what. Traumatising - that's been what my last 24 hours have been.
Oh dear lord. So scary. 😨

Bless you. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Intellectual fatigue is a very deep and sad sort of fatigue. Physical fatigue can be uplifting.
I wonder if we find physical fatigue uplifting because of all the intellectual fatigue we experience. Perhaps those who experience physical fatigue all the time find intellectual fatigue uplifting?

Thank you Bob. I know lots of people respect me for it, and I respect myself, but that particular insult came out of the blue and from someone I'd genuinely tried to show kindness towards. It's not exactly invisible work, but obviously it's not visible to everyone. I need to learn to be ok with that and become better able to defend the work.
I don't understand anyone's need to denigrate any other person's livelihood. No one is any more valuable than anyone else. It takes us all to form a functioning society.

Back
Top Bottom