Ribh's D'Coopage

It’s been unbelievably windy here today. Not as windy as it used to get at my old house but almost which is pretty bad for here. Another four weeks of lockdown….great….
The wind has been impressive today. Our local shops lost power, luckily we haven't (yet :fl)

The extra corrugated iron I have put on the roof of the old coop was blown completely off a couple of days ago. I have done a proper job of putting it back.

I put more bricks on it. 😂

Yep. I'm a pretty lousy Dr though. I refused any practical science all through High school. Well, my math wasn't up to chemistry or physics & I wasn't cutting dead things up for anyone. So totally gross!! So even pretty basic stuff is beyond me. It's why my vet bills are so high. 🤣
Well, that's what vets are for! They love all that stuff!

The wind has been impressive today. Our local shops lost power, luckily we haven't (yet :fl)

The extra corrugated iron I have put on the roof of the old coop was blown completely off a couple of days ago. I have done a proper job of putting it back.

I put more bricks on it. 😂
Haha we had a sheet of iron sitting on the old barbecue with a bag of soil sitting on top and it blew off

Some bantams are bigger than others,
Oshina is in the middle.
She is smaller than Alpia, a Wyandotte bantam, but larger than the Japs & Frizzles.
20210716_065215.jpg

Good evening everyone 😊😴

I swear I do not know how I ever raised 5 kids. I had the grandies for 2 days & 2 nights & while their dad arrived last night to help out & take them away this morning I feel like I need a year's rest! 🙄

In the middle of the mayhem GS yelled out that Beatha had a bloody beak. We all know blood is never good ~ especially when we're talking chickens. I had noticed her earlier with her head tucked under her wing & both my head hen & her 2nd standing watch over her but had thought nothing of it. My flock is in a constant state of flux.

View attachment 2775644

I grabbed her & brought her inside. She had a mouthful of blood & was gurgling away & I was absolutely horrified. I've never seen or read about anything like this. She seems OK this morning & is eating & drinking. I will check her mouth before I release her with the girls but my best bet is she managed to cut her mouth or tongue somehow on something she found. No idea what. Traumatising - that's been what my last 24 hours have been.
I hope she is much better now :hugs

Back
Top Bottom