Ribh's D'Coopage

Our new Kitchen

The electrician and plumber came today to disconnect the kitchen and rip it out.

A guided tour follows. 😊

Our old kitchen was original to the house. We estimate it was built in the early 1980s.
We have lived here 30 years and the kitchen was overflowing.
View attachment 2782675

I have been slowly emptying cupboards and getting rid of stuff over the last few weeks. This weekend the whole family made a concerted effort and we finished emptying the kitchen!
View attachment 2782676

The doors were made of covered particle board which did not stand up to water very well after 40 years of use.View attachment 2782677

View attachment 2782678

We had a slow leak under the sink and didn't realize it until the shelf started to sag.
View attachment 2782679

Notice that the water pipes run along outside the gyprock. 🙄
View attachment 2782680

Kitchen removed and water pipes relocated to within the wall.View attachment 2782681

After clean up. It echoes so much now!
View attachment 2782682

Hubby and I will be putting in new gyprock tomorrow. The install starts on Wednesday!
Potential disaster! Lock down has gotten tougher in some areas of Sydney, including where the man who was going to do the Gyprock for us lives. He is unable to come fix our walls. 😱

Hubby and I quickly educated ourselves on You Tube and spent all day fixing the walls so the cupboards could be installed tomorrow.
PXL_20210803_064642798.jpg

I just wish I had time to undercoat everything. Oh well. :idunno

Potential disaster! Lock down has gotten tougher in some areas of Sydney, including where the man who was going to do the Gyprock for us lives. He is unable to come fix our walls. 😱

Hubby and I quickly educated ourselves on You Tube and spent all day fixing the walls so the cupboards could be installed tomorrow.
View attachment 2783908
Maybe you could get it done early in the morning. This is the way it always seems to go with any projects...there are always unknown variables that come into play. I'm sorry AC, hopefully this will be the only hiccup... :hugs

View attachment 2783908
Well done!!

Can't wait to see it with the cupboard in :D

My little *I want to be people* Olivia is a real chicken.
Today she squatted for me then laid her 1st egg in a nesting box.
I happened to see her investigating her options when I went to collect the egg under Luna, which wasn't Luna's. Olivia couldn't believe her luck. My shoulder was @ the perfect height for landing! 🤣 Here is Olivia's 1st egg beside one of Soda's for comparison.
View attachment 2778594
What a good girl...such an adorable little egg...just like her!💞

Back
Top Bottom