Ribh's D'Coopage

Isn’t she still young?

I just realized that two of my cats together are 18lb!
She is a little over a year old and they say Maine Coons grow for 5 years. Supposedly Norwegian Forrest Cats do as well. I know Davis did but he slowed down pretty fast in year 5. Of course she is already bigger than him.

I weighed the big cat today. 18lbs.
That seems to be the high end of normal for a MALE Maine Coon Cat. Females 8-12 pounds which isn't large at all! We've got a 12 pound "generic tabby" and another that is 14 pounds. The female "generic cat" is about 8.5.

Tonight's sunset
Beautiful!!!!!

That seems to be the high end of normal for a MALE Maine Coon Cat. Females 8-12 pounds which isn't large at all! We've got a 12 pound "generic tabby" and another that is 14 pounds. The female "generic cat" is about 8.5.
Really? I too have a 12 pound generic (all black) cat - he is definitely a big cat (long) but doesn't to me look close to a Maine Coon cat in size. I also have a 6lb cat who is noticably tiny.
Mind you, I have long thought Éowyn was part Lynx - female Bobcats (Canadian Lynx) rarely get larger than 30lb.
I rest my case.

From the Wikipedia article it seems the MCCs are LONG but apparently not nearly as heavy as I thought. Another search says MCC's are typically 19" to 40" nose to tip of tail.
From mainecoon.org:

The male Maine Coon is larger than the female usually. The size of a full grown male Coon cat is typically 15-25 pounds, while the female averages between 10--15 pounds. The height of the male cat is 10-16 inches and be about 40 inches long. The female can stand at about 8-14 inches tall and be the same length as the male (these averages vary greatly).

At the larger end of the spectrum a coon cat can easily measure 45 inches plus long and 30 lbs. The most recent records for the biggest cat is for Stewie the Maine Coon (48 inches long and 33 lbs)! His tail alone measured 16 inches.

Maybe @RoyalChick is right and she is actually a lynx! 🤷‍♂️

Who needs that ol gallbladder anyways ACM ! Just think, it’s out, and you are not! :thumbsup I’m fortunate that I have not experienced any major surgery (hard to understand that kind of pain and stress):hugs
It was a rather sudden attack then poof! the gall bladder was out within 2 days. I barely had time to blink! I was veeery lucky considering the plague situation here at the moment. (Idiot politicians @&^%#@@***!! :rant)

Even though it was an emergency operation in my case it is also very routine. They do lots of them.
There are 3 tiny incisions on my left hand side and a small one under my sternum and another in my navel. They hardly disturbed my body at all really. It's amazing, I was up and walking around as soon as the anesthetic wore off.

Tax!
Alice's new feathers look cleaner than her old ones.
PXL_20220111_232815168(1).jpg

:plbb Jealous, methinks..... 🤣
Definitely. I wish mine would cosy up to me instead of running away screaming... :hmm
Wow, ACM. Just now is an awful time to need hospitalisation! Glad everything worked out & you are feeling better. :hugs
Thank you. Much better.:thumbsup
I love blue & white anything. I have just ordered 2 small lotus ginger jars to hold my sugar & coffee. This just delights my soul! 🥰
Pics when they arrive please?
We are back to intermittent rain showers with the occasional tropical storm to liven things up. The palms are shedding...This morning Oshina shot up onto the back patio screaming her head off just as a very large branch came down. I went to calm her down & check no~one had got caught underneath but they are a real nuisance.

I have had a couple of stressful days dealing with bureaucracy. My only text book for this term arrived ~ 6" thick & all in small print. :duc Minor stressing as I only get a week to figure out how everything works when I am not a super smart 20's something & starting to think I'm just a little bit insane. What was I thinking? :thOh & I am working my way through the integrity module that is a completion must before you can submit any course work...🙄 Do they not teach this in high school anymore? I can remember being lectured as far back as Primary School on not being allowed to copy straight from the book. :idunno All of which is why there isn't a lot of chickeny stuff happening here just now. I'd rather be chickening...
Hopefully once you get into the course work you'll find your footing and be able to enjoy it. Bureaucracy sucks. :hugs

Good evening folks :frow

It was a rather sudden attack then poof! the gall bladder was out within 2 days. I barely had time to blink! I was veeery lucky considering the plague situation here at the moment. (Idiot politicians @&^%#@@***!! :rant)

Even though it was an emergency operation in my case it is also very routine. They do lots of them.
There are 3 tiny incisions on my left hand side and a small one under my sternum and another in my navel. They hardly disturbed my body at all really. It's amazing, I was up and walking around as soon as the anesthetic wore off.

Tax!
Alice's new feathers look cleaner than her old ones.
View attachment 2967471
ACM it's been a few decades ago, but I got to witness the surgery you had, so that I could understand the importance of the tools used. I found it fascinating and continued buying the tools the surgeon liked.

Back
Top Bottom