Ribh's D'Coopage

The first one is sooooooo beautiful!! I forget the breed.... but I do remember that you weren’t sure about them in the beginning... how about now?
That's one of my Vorwerks ~ & never again. I've had a lot of trouble with these chickens & nearly rehomed the lot @ one point. They've settled, so got a reprieve. I much prefer the bantams or Campines.

Our 1st sunshine in nearly 2 weeks.
Chickens sprawled all over the yard enjoying.
Desdemona, Portia & Wrold.​
20220516_110754.jpg

Alpia & Wrold, wyandotte bantams, enjoying the palm husks.
20220516_144135.jpg

Olivia got in the house again yesterday. She was pottering around having a good old sticky~beak then decided to hop up on the couch. Hah! Unbeknown to her Marlow was snoozing there. Not sure who got the biggest shock. Marlow showed some predatory instincts & Olivia headed for the outside door in a hurry! 🤣
20220415_072741.jpg

Last edited:
:he:he:he

I wonder about people sometimes.
I had a phone call today from my DIL offering me 4 free chooks.:th
The Child Care Centre has to rehome their bantams & DIL thought I might like them.
Firstly I'm pretty sure the chooks are silkies. DIL wasn't sure. I'm not a fan of silkies & I already have 3 chooks I should never have acquired.

Secondly, I don't actually have a proper coop @ present.
Thirdly, I'm already pushing the limit with the numbers I'm allowed here even if you count bantams as half a chook. 🤣
Fourthly, biosecurity, darlin', biosecurity. 🙄
Fifthly, Sikies= dumb & not predator savvy. I have a hawk. The only reason I figure he's ignoring my birds is my Campines are leery as of him.
Sixthly, Silkies =broody. Like I don't have enough wanna be mums on my hands.
I said no. Very definitely no.​

Back
Top Bottom