Ribh's D'Coopage

WW and not a hen in sight

View attachment 3167648
I looked @ your desk & immediately thought of *Astrid* ~ which you probably don't know. 🤔 French crime series which I have been watching because my son has STAN & Netflix & goodness knows what else! Astrid, beautifully played by Sara Mortensen, is a criminal investigator on the autism spectrum who works with the commander [Lola Dewaere]. Apart from exercising my very bad French, which has been challenged because this was obviously made for French T.V, not the international film market, so everyone talks really fast Parisien French & slurs all their endings, 🙄 it has been fascinating to see how differently the French do crime to the Americans ~ or even the English. For one thing all the senior cops look about the right ages rather than young & muscled up.🤣 For another, unlike American t.v, no~one is bothered by how much poundage the camera is adding to Dewaere, which I totally applaud. As I'd recently watched all 7 seasons of Rizzoli & Isles it was a really good comparision. Not much between the storylines but a very different attitude to the whole thing. Far less gore with the French, far more horror elements & lots & lots of wine! :lau All to say Astrid's desk has everything fanatically lined up, in its place & so tidy it hurts.

I looked @ your desk & immediately thought of *Astrid* ~ which you probably don't know. 🤔 French crime series which I have been watching because my son has STAN & Netflix & goodness knows what else! Astrid, beautifully played by Sara Mortensen, is a criminal investigator on the autism spectrum who works with the commander [Lola Dewaere]. Apart from exercising my very bad French, which has been challenged because this was obviously made for French T.V, not the international film market, so everyone talks really fast Parisien French & slurs all their endings, 🙄 it has been fascinating to see how differently the French do crime to the Americans ~ or even the English. For one thing all the senior cops look about the right ages rather than young & muscled up.🤣 For another, unlike American t.v, no~one is bothered by how much poundage the camera is adding to Dewaere, which I totally applaud. As I'd recently watched all 7 seasons of Rizzoli & Isles it was a really good comparision. Not much between the storylines but a very different attitude to the whole thing. Far less gore with the French, far more horror elements & lots & lots of wine! :lau All to say Astrid's desk has everything fanatically lined up, in its place & so tidy it hurts.
Next time I'll try for a photo that includes my "archive" of student projects in the background! It's amazing it doesn't harbour mice or topple off the shelf!

That sounds awesome. I like danish crime tv so I'd probably enjoy astrid. I prefer tv that doesn't cast unnaturally proportioned actors too. It's far more relatable.

Next time I'll try for a photo that includes my "archive" of student projects in the background! It's amazing it doesn't harbour mice or topple off the shelf!

That sounds awesome. I like danish crime tv so I'd probably enjoy astrid. I prefer tv that doesn't cast unnaturally proportioned actors too. It's far more relatable.
Yes, I like the Danish crime ~ 0r Swedish or Norse... :lau It's the American stuff I generally can't abide. So unrealistic. Rizzoli & Isles was sorta different, which was why I persisted. it's a pity so little of the European stuff makes it out here.

My little battery girl Tina is growing her feathers back
Here she is yesterday enjoying time out with flexi
20220629_122404.jpg

20220629_122359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom