Ribh's D'Coopage

20220814_121331.jpg

Hello everyone.
Have a good day

OPINIONS PLEASE.
The breeder who does Campines & Lavender Aracaunas also does Wheaten Marans, not a breed I've ever really considered. Temperament wise it seems they would fit in. What do people think? Would you add a couple of Marans eggs to your order?
A few questions before I answer.

How many chicks do you want to grow into chickens? How many eggs are you ordering? How many do you plan to keep?

A few questions before I answer.

How many chicks do you want to grow into chickens? How many eggs are you ordering? How many do you plan to keep?
Good lad, Bob! I figure I won't be lucky enough to get all pullets so between 6~8 eggs & figure on a 50/50 ratio. Next door may take a pullet when she's big enough as a friend for their lone cochin but I can't count on that. The Production store will take excess chicks ~ but not roosters. Roosters are my worry. I'd like to bring the tribe up to 20 again. I believe the wheatens are sex linked so I should know early if I have cockerals.

OPINIONS PLEASE.
The breeder who does Campines & Lavender Aracaunas also does Wheaten Marans, not a breed I've ever really considered. Temperament wise it seems they would fit in. What do people think? Would you add a couple of Marans eggs to your order?
I would add two to the clutch because wheaten marans are my kind of chicken.

Good lad, Bob! I figure I won't be lucky enough to get all pullets so between 6~8 eggs & figure on a 50/50 ratio. Next door may take a pullet when she's big enough as a friend for their lone cochin but I can't count on that. The Production store will take excess chicks ~ but not roosters. Roosters are my worry. I'd like to bring the tribe up to 20 again. I believe the wheatens are sex linked so I should know early if I have cockerals.
Remind me how many you have right now? I've lost track.

Back
Top Bottom