Ribh's D'Coopage

There is a lot to consider here. Tootsie is quite small. You have other small ones so maybe that's not as bad.
All my Japs are sitting. šŸ™„ What's running around are my medium to large standards.
How would Sorbet react to losing her friend? I would worry that it might cause her to give up.
She was very weak last night & I wasn't hopeful but she is bright eyed & bushy tailed this morning. After I wake up properly I'll get some more vitamins, yoghurt & water into her & get the pair of them outside. I do worry that being just the 2 of them they are bonded & need each other.
Do you have any "Aurora-like" hens that could be very nasty to her?
Oh, yeah... šŸ˜– What is it with Wyandottes? They are so pretty yet have this wide mean streak. Mind you, I do think Portia has the role of The Enforcer, but she can be something of a bully. With her looks it really is a case of the pot calling the kettle black...šŸ¤£

CHICKEN INTEGRATION.
This is what happens when chickens integrate other chickens.
Everyone has known Tootsie & Sorbet are here but Ha'penny has been hopping the fence to investigate the intruder for the last week.
I had taken Sorbet inside to force food, water & vitamins into her before bathing her rear end.
She has diarrhoea & has not been eating but when I checked the tribe was having a good sticky @ Tootsie. Tootsie is still peeping so I'm reluctant to fully integrate her yet. What do others think?

View attachment 3718411
It's not something I have any experience of really Ribh. We did introduce new birds when I worked on the chicken farm but there it was 50 or so at a time and later once the place got established broody hens did it.

It's not something I have any experience of really Ribh. We did introduce new birds when I worked on the chicken farm but there it was 50 or so at a time and later once the place got established broody hens did it.
No. I had planned for all 5 to go in together but the Aracaunas just got so big they had to move out & Afrika really didn't like being confined & grew quicker than expected so ditto. While Sorbet is hanging in there I'll keep the 2 babies together & hope Sorbet rallies. Otherwise I will have to bite the bullet...šŸ˜Ÿ

All my Japs are sitting. šŸ™„ What's running around are my medium to large standards.

She was very weak last night & I wasn't hopeful but she is bright eyed & bushy tailed this morning. After I wake up properly I'll get some more vitamins, yoghurt & water into her & get the pair of them outside. I do worry that being just the 2 of them they are bonded & need each other.

Oh, yeah... šŸ˜– What is it with Wyandottes? They are so pretty yet have this wide mean streak. Mind you, I do think Portia has the role of The Enforcer, but she can be something of a bully. With her looks it really is a case of the pot calling the kettle black...šŸ¤£
I tried to tell you. Pretty but mean.

20210610_085259.jpg

Back
Top Bottom