Ribh's D'Coopage

IMG_2024-03-17-18-03-47-009.jpg

I swear, every animal I own is a nut job!
Tootsie is nuttier than most.​
20240323_093220.jpg

I bring the crate into the house just before I think the girls will want to roost. I lock the cats & dogs in the other room so there is no disruption to the que. The girls line up & come single file through the door, squat to be picked up & settle into the crate for the night. Who said chickens can't be trained? :lol:

A couple of times early on I left it too long & found everyone huddled in a corner of the car port but it was late enough no~one was objecting to being nabbed & carted into the house.

However, last night was really overcast & it got quite dark earlier than usual. I was busy feeding the ravenous hordes when I noticed a consistent thumping on a glass window. I assumed it was Ash, who is always knocking things over, but when it continued I went to investigate

Imagine my surprise to find all my girls patiently waiting to be let in & Tootsie desperately trying to get my attention by hurling herself @ the glass door. 😲 She might be tiny but she has personality plus & absolutely no fear. She was first through the door. As she knows her way around the house I left her to investigate, snoot her beak @ the dogs & generally make a point of being *the special one*. When I finally got around to rounding her up she'd flown up onto the kitchen bench & had every intention of staying there to help with dinner preparations. 🙄

Unfortunately no~one is going back outside any time soon. I have been without hot water for 3 weeks. When the gas man finally arrived to investigate we found 3 snake skins around the heater ~ all eastern browns. As they are nasty & aggressive & I already have a carpet & a black in my 1/2 of the yard I was not a happy camper. Being Aussie I only own one pair of shoes & those are for hiking. Otherwise it's bare feet or thongs [flip~flops for those of you on the wrong side of the ocean]. I don't paddle round the back yard after dark & watch where I put my feet during the day. 😮

I swear, every animal I own is a nut job!
Tootsie is nuttier than most.​
View attachment 3779037

I bring the crate into the house just before I think the girls will want to roost. I lock the cats & dogs in the other room so there is no disruption to the que. The girls line up & come single file through the door, squat to be picked up & settle into the crate for the night. Who said chickens can't be trained? :lol:

A couple of times early on I left it too long & found everyone huddled in a corner of the car port but it was late enough no~one was objecting to being nabbed & carted into the house.

However, last night was really overcast & it got quite dark earlier than usual. I was busy feeding the ravenous hordes when I noticed a consistent thumping on a glass window. I assumed it was Ash, who is always knocking things over, but when it continued I went to investigate

Imagine my surprise to find all my girls patiently waiting to be let in & Tootsie desperately trying to get my attention by hurling herself @ the glass door. 😲 She might be tiny but she has personality plus & absolutely no fear. She was first through the door. As she knows her way around the house I left her to investigate, snoot her beak @ the dogs & generally make a point of being *the special one*. When I finally got around to rounding her up she'd flown up onto the kitchen bench & had every intention of staying there to help with dinner preparations. 🙄

Unfortunately no~one is going back outside any time soon. I have been without hot water for 3 weeks. When the gas man finally arrived to investigate we found 3 snake skins around the heater ~ all eastern browns. As they are nasty & aggressive & I already have a carpet & a black in my 1/2 of the yard I was not a happy camper. Being Aussie I only own one pair of shoes & those are for hiking. Otherwise it's bare feet or thongs [flip~flops for those of you on the wrong side of the ocean]. I don't paddle round the back yard after dark & watch where I put my feet during the day. 😮
Oh my gosh. That's terrible. Are you having the snake relocated?

Back
Top Bottom