Right to vote

I come from a corrupt state, but even they won't mess with voter rights. I would have complained to whoever listened. I would have not let is rest until I got what I wanted lol

Bluemoon

There is the literal translation of disenfranchisement, which means to actually withdraw the right to vote from a person. This is the case of minors, felons, those no longer drawing breath and maybe some others that I can't think of at the moment. The greater issue is the more subtle interpretation of disenfranchisment where a citizen regards voting as pointless or useless. My vote "does not matter" or does not carry any weight. We have come to tacitly accept this non-linear track or disconnect between voting and resultant actions as natural. This aspect is much more harmful to our society than the technical aspects of keeping track of who is eligible to vote.

A good cup of coffee was left out of the inalienable rights set by Congress a while back, I call for an amendment.

Last edited:
Here you just have to tell them your name and address, and they check it against a list of those eligible to vote. There's been more evidence here of fraud via postal ballots than by voting in person.

Quote:
I truly think that that's part of the many old techniques used to keep blacks from voting. WHY would someone's having committed a felony have ANYTHING to do with their right to vote. I think the aforementioned "old technique" is still being used by the facists. Blacks should be up in arms about it.

BTW, I became convinced of this the day I sat in a court and watched a teenage black student who was truly a "good kid" of my wife's German class get railroaded for a felony he didn't commit, robbed by his lawyer, blatantly denied his basic rights during the arrest... Now he can no longer vote because "he committed a felony". Check the percentage of blacks who have been convicted of "felonies". I used to know it, but can't remember it as I type.

Im trying to do better, so I won't comment on this. Georgia tried to make it a law that you had to show ID to vote but the Dept of "justice" said that wasn't fair to some groups. Now in lots of other states its ok, but not in Georgia. Thats like saying that you can't have a gun in one state but you can in an other state.

IANAL, but I think there have to be lawsuits brought by the voters in those states before the ruling will also apply to them.

When you think about it, the right to vote is conditional. Age, residency, conviction of crimes, and death all play a part in weither or not you get to vote or not.

Back
Top Bottom