ringworm

I was wondering if ringworm was common with poultry. I see no signs of any suspicious marks on the birds. I do have a cat but see no signs of anything related to ringworm.

I however have two spots, one on leg, and on on inner forearm that are suspicious. i went to clinic and it is not a decisive prognosis of ringworm. could be a bite that is similar in appearance.

if it is ringworm, not sure how i came in contact with it. I did do a good clean in the coop three days ago but have also been hiking quite a bit. my cat only goes to two arear's in the house-food station and her bed.

just keeping an eye on the spots, treating with apple cider vinegar. cleaning and washing everything.

You can also use an anti fungal ointment on it, over the counter in the US, not sure about Ireland. An athletes foot or jock itch ointment. Some dandruff shampoos are anti fungal, so washing with that may help. It's better to leave it uncovered rather than cover with a bandage if it is fungal. A ring around a tick bite however can be a sign of lyme disease, so keep an eye on it. If it's just a bug bite, then calamine lotion or benadryl ointment may help, again not sure what sorts of things you have there.

I was wondering if ringworm was common with poultry. I see no signs of any suspicious marks on the birds. I do have a cat but see no signs of anything related to ringworm.

I however have two spots, one on leg, and on on inner forearm that are suspicious. i went to clinic and it is not a decisive prognosis of ringworm. could be a bite that is similar in appearance.

if it is ringworm, not sure how i came in contact with it. I did do a good clean in the coop three days ago but have also been hiking quite a bit. my cat only goes to two arear's in the house-food station and her bed.

just keeping an eye on the spots, treating with apple cider vinegar. cleaning and washing everything.
Careful with the ACV. Use too much or for too long and you'll damage your skin. ACV is not a cure all.

Cats can be carriers of ringworm, without showing lesions themselves. Some kinds of ringworm will fluoresce under a blacklight, if you have access to one, check your self and the cat. Not conclusive if it doesn't, but conclusive if it does.

Back
Top Bottom