RIP Nellie

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by willowbranchfarm, Oct 24, 2012.

1. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    I lost my first chicken last night. [​IMG] Nellie my BA had to be put down because she had been prolapsing for a month. She is the black one in the front in my avatar. [​IMG] I will alwasy remember you Nellie. Im glad she isn't suffering anymore though. RIP girl. I love you.

Rebecca

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like she had a chronic weakness that just wasn't correcting itself.

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I'm so sorry to hear about your poor Nellie. She was a pretty girl.

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

So sorry....I lost my first chicken today too from old age and internal issues. Never easy.....hope they are friends up there......hugs

5. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Thanks guys. [​IMG] She was messed up from the beginning. She went through egg binding, vent gleet, and prolapse. So If she ever recovered from prolapse she would've probably gotten something else. She had just turned a year old and was going through her molt.

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Very sorry to hear of your loss.

7. LoveChickens123

LoveChickens123 Chillin' With My Peeps

i am sorry for your loss i know what it is like to loose a chickens you should read my thread it is called help my hen is know where to be found it is sad she should come home monday

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by