Ripley, the 4 legged chicken!?

This lady had kids, so if Ripley has a comparable structure, don't rule it out: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrtle_Corbin

That's really interesting! You know, I've still never checked her eggs for fertility :oops: I always know which ones are hers though. They're always found in random places and always have a smear of poop on them lol

At the very least I would definitely let a vet take a look at her.

Maybe someday. I'd love to get an xray of her to see exactly what is going on in there but right now, our situation doesn't make that possible. She's happy and healthy :)

I have sad news to report. Our sweet Ripley passed away tonight. I found her listless in the coop this evening when closing up for the night. I did what I could for her but she didn't make it. I held her until She took her last breath. She had no injuries and was perfectly fine earlier. She was well loved and got to spend every day of her life just being a happy, free range chicken. Thank you all for following along with her. She left us too soon but lived a full, happy life.

FB_IMG_1574390122024.jpg
FB_IMG_1574390118277.jpg
FB_IMG_1574390125303.jpg
IMG_20190511_074539.jpg

I have sad news to report. Our sweet Ripley passed away tonight. I found her listless in the coop this evening when closing up for the night. I did what I could for her but she didn't make it. I held her until She took her last breath. She had no injuries and was perfectly fine earlier. She was well loved and got to spend every day of her life just being a happy, free range chicken. Thank you all for following along with her. She left us too soon but lived a full, happy life.

View attachment 1999227 View attachment 1999229 View attachment 1999231 View attachment 1999233

I am so so sorry to hear that!! :hit :hugs

She got to live a good life with you though and you should be proud of what you did for her. :hugs

A lot of people would have just culled her but you gave her a chance at life and gave her a great one at that! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom