RIR any chance she’s a girl🤞🏼

Crumchicks

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2023
This is our only Rhode Island Red, she’s always had a larger comb and wattles than the other breeds we got at the same time. She’s 18 weeks, no crowing or anything yet. She blinked for the second picture😂 but it shows her compared to the others!
IMG_1599.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1594.jpeg
    IMG_1594.jpeg
    667.4 KB · Views: 28
Unfortunately where we live we can’t have Roos. I’ve been holding out hope since it hasn’t crowed yet.
I still wouldn’t get rid of him/her! It’s pretty hard to tell, but after looking at the photos for a second time, specifically the feathers, the saddle feathers seem way too round to be a cockerel… but it’s the comb that’s got me stumped.

I still wouldn’t get rid of him/her! It’s pretty hard to tell, but after looking at the photos for a second time, specifically the feathers, the saddle feathers seem way to round to be a cockerel… but it’s the comb that’s got me stumped.
Definitely won’t be getting rid of her unless she starts to crow and makes the neighbors mad😂

I still wouldn’t get rid of him/her! It’s pretty hard to tell, but after looking at the photos for a second time, specifically the feathers, the saddle feathers seem way to round to be a cockerel… but it’s the comb that’s got me stumped.
RIRs are known for being fast developers they tripped me up when I started. This girl may also be coming into lay I see an egg for you in the near future!

Back
Top Bottom