RIR ??? I have Lavander Legs !

IFA did sale them as Americanas like you mentioned. This bird looks just like my EE or Americana's or whatever the preferred name might be. I love them! They are some of our sweetest birds with the best colored eggs that everyone loves! They bring a great variety to my flock. (8 of my 37 hens are this breed & I buy new each year to insure that we get the beautiful blue eggs- we have hawks here on our farm and so unfortunately I loose some each year, as hard as I try to prevent it. I figure our girls live a much happier life free ranging in the afternoon, eating bugs in the haystack and roaming with the cows...)

You can't really tell in this pic, but they look very much like carldaughs bird. The one that has it's head down, then the other is our favorite (Momma Brynn is her name - our granddaughter named her after her mom, my daughter)

Here's a better pic of her, sharing a frozen veggie treat in this Florida 95 deg. heat.
She's an awesome egg layer (2 a day average), but eggs are not brown, nor white.
They are more of a light "tan", light the feathers just above her legs.
Your frozen veggie treat looks awesome! I need to try your recipe!

Frozen treat is just a bag of frozen vegetables (no onions) in a cereal bowl. just add water, freeze. Then pop it out up-side down, and let them go to town. It's a refreshing treat when it's 95 deg or more in the shade. Frozen Veggie bag is... corn, peas, carrots, & green beans. We get the "cheapy" brand at the discount grocery store.

goodpost.gif
Thanks for the awesome idea! (& so simple!
love.gif
)

I LOVE it!

My girls LOVE love LOVE watermelon - so I have a hollowed out half a watermelon now from yesterday! I will make sure to put it in there (I love watching them slurp up the juice from the watermelon! I will definitely save the veggie juice too!) Thanks so much for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom