Rock---- Orp. ????????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by the1much, Jan 17, 2009.

1. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

how ta heck do ya tell the difference between a buff rock,, and a buff orp.? ,, the dude i bought them from said they were yellow rocks,, so i figured they were buff rocks,, he brings them,, and i think they look like BO's [​IMG]

Thankies alls [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Those are buff orps.

White legs = Orpingtons
    Yellow legs = Rocks

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

They look just like Buff Orps to me. I really like my BO's. Good egg layers.

4. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Hi Hippie Jim!
    EXACTLY what Mikarod said! What a pretty/handsome bunch. That rooster is gorgeous.... The hens look like they are needing saddles. Have Skand crank up the sewin' machine.
    Congrats on the new bunch. BOs I think are MY favorite [​IMG]

5. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I 2nd that. [​IMG]

6. the1much

thanks alls ,,, i thought they were BO's too,, but needed "confirmation",, ya know how hippies can be [​IMG] hehe [​IMG]

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Those poor girls look like they need some saddles.

8. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Its good to have friends that can tell you what you already knew. [​IMG] I have my friend tell me all the time what I already know is a rooster. But its nice to have her tell me. [​IMG]

9. the1much

Quote:Hi Hippie Jim!
    EXACTLY what Mikarod said! What a pretty/handsome bunch. That rooster is gorgeous.... The hens look like they are needing saddles. Have Skand crank up the sewin' machine.
    Congrats on the new bunch. BOs I think are MY favorite [​IMG]

hi-ya ,,,, and ya,, they need saddles [​IMG] but ,, ive had them about a week,, and he doesnt seem to be rough,, or after them all the time,, i have no idea how the other dude had them,, but from what i see, they shouldnt be bare,, so imma give em another week, and if they loose more, or dont have em growing back,, then saddles here we come [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by