Rocking and peeping?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cattbird, Sep 4, 2009.

1. cattbird

cattbird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Essex Uk
    Is there a particular breed that does this the most? Is it possible that eggs do not rock at all or peep but still hatch?

There's nothing at all from mine?

2. Squirtchy2009

Squirtchy2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Essex
    Just like to say first :eek: your from essex too :eek: where abouts???? Pm me if you dont want to share it with everyone [​IMG]

what breed are you trying to hatch and how are you doing it, and what day are you on?

3. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

i heard some people reporting like that, the eggs do nothing, no rock, no peep but when you look at it wew, they are hatching and kicking their brother in there. [​IMG]

good luck to you. [​IMG]

4. Emilys3guppies

Emilys3guppies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2009
    Toronto
    Quote:Good question! I've got a bunch of coturnix eggs on day 15 and I'm wondering when/if I should expect the rocking.

ETA: My brother just moved from Canada to Essex UK. He says it's beautiful.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  5. Squirtchy2009

Aug 28, 2009
    Essex
    I thought coturnix eggs hatched at day 16, prehaps you just have a slow batch [​IMG]

ETA: I live in the middle of the country side in essex and its really nice [​IMG]

6. cattbird

May 21, 2009
    Essex Uk
    Ahhh wow!!

I'm in Chelmsford, Where abouts are you?
    Well I have 4 miniature Silkies (have you heard of Miniature Silkies? as noone else has !) 1 black one is on day 20 and 3 whites are day 18. I'm worrying the high humidity may have harmed the others as I've had it at 60 from yesterday as a comprimse! I've only got a cheapy incubator, still air.

Quote:

7. Squirtchy2009

Aug 28, 2009
    Essex
    WOW i cant be more than 5 miles away from you i live in woodham walter, in between danbury and maldon [​IMG], nice to see somone local around here [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] and my hen is laying on 6 silkie eggs atm we had a pair of white miniature silkie hens originaly, which is why we got silkies now [​IMG], give it a couple more days and see how it goes [​IMG]

Keep us updated [​IMG]

8. Emilys3guppies

Emilys3guppies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2009
    Toronto
    I thought all silkies were naturally miniature? LOL! Do you have pics of your teeny birds?

ETA: Coturnix hatch anywhere from day 15-day 18. Usually around day 17 though. [​IMG]

9. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Some of my eggs dont rock or make noises, until they pip and zip. I normally have mixed breeds in my incubator, and out of 3, 2 rocked. 1 that didn't rock hatched, 1 did did rock was a DIS.

10. cattbird

May 21, 2009
    Essex Uk
    I'm glad someone else has heard of mini silkies! I havent got any pics yet, as cant seem to hath them! But the eggs are tiny! I will post a pic of them in a bit.

In the UK we have Large fowl Silkies, Bantams, and miniatures. It seems in the U.S you just have one size?!

Well, I will just wait and see if any hatch..

OMG OMG OMG, THE BLACK ONE HAS A PIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I STUCK A LONG STICK IN THE AIR VENT AN TAPPED THE EGG AS I READ MAMA CHICKEN DOES THAT WITH HER BEAK!? ANYWAY IT WORKED!! ONE TINY PIP!!

Can you tell this is my first ever hatch!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by