Roo hates MIL

DanEP

Crowing
12 Years
May 15, 2010
Cadiz Ky
I have a 7 month old bo roo that for some reason hates my mother in law.
At about 4 months he was kinda feelin his oats with me but one good boot to the but and that was settled and he's been ok since then with me.he doesn't mind the grankids or anyone else for that matter but will stalk the mil any time he see's her.Up until this last friday he would just run at her but this time he was trying to hit her feet first waist high.I heard her yelling and went out to help and had to smack him a couple of times with her cane to chase him off. My mil is in her eightys and has both knee replaced so I don't think she can get away from him. 30 seconds after she went inside he was back to normal.She lives on the property so this won't work so tommorow he's going to his new home.
Mil is way more important than any rooster but I would still like to know what his little brain was thinking?

if she carries a cane all the time, it could be that he saw it as a threat / challenge. I hope you find him a good home where he can have a flock of ladies and be free to be a roo.
smile.png
You're right, your MIL's safety is the priority here.
hugs.gif

nope she only started with the cane after he started stalking her, Iv'e seen him run for 50 75 yards to follow her when all the girls were out back in the woods so she wasn't a threat.

Dan

Something about the way she moves must have alerted his little pea brain that she was a threat. Walking with the cane may have just cinched the deal. Who knows what goes on in the minds of these mini-dinosaurs? Good on you for getting rid of him before he could damage the MIL. A lady in her 80s would be seriously damaged by a nasty fall, and at that age a broken hip is close to a death sentence.

Good luck. I hope your MIL appreciates you.

Maybe rather than seeing her as a threat, he sees her as weak? I would assume that both before and after a knee replacement, she was not zipping confidently around the yard. Maybe he sees her as someone he can successfully challenge in the pecking order.

Quote:
Well first of all he is a male and she is a MIL so there for He don't like her Lmaooooo Just kidding..........

Mine was stalking me and my wife she fixed him by a swift kick but for me he only did it when I had my Non-Chicken (Work) Clothes on that he is used to seeing me in but one day he got me good feet first now he knows what my steel toe feels like since then he hasn't stalked me at all so maybe she should give him a swift kick... I'm glad to read though your giving him a second chance to pass on them genes (rehoming Him) Now it very well could have been the cane he thought it was a threat such he did what he was supposed to do...

Quote:
This is what I'm thinking, too. Personally, I don't think when roosters go after people they are percieving the person as a threat, or protecting the hens from the person. I know a lot of people want to think this, but I just don't see it. I think they're showing their dominance, ie I can kick your butt and you can't stop me.

Good for you rehoming him, mil sounds like she really doesn't need to fall and break her hip trying to fend him off.

edited for spelling
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom