Roo keeps going downhill help please!!

horseyjess

Songster
14 Years
Sep 2, 2009
SW Florida
Ok I am going to post a small album. I need some help. I have done everything I cant think and still have my daughters roo going downhill more. We have a NICE set of Dark Brahma bantams. They are breeders to
sad.png
. Anyhow she is FINE. He about 3 weeks ago started getting funky. He was walking funny then would start to fall. So we took him and her and seperated them from other chickens. Then he was laying more than walking. So then I moved them into the garage into an empty brooder. His legs did look a little scaly like scaley mites but she and everyone else is fine. PLUS I keep up on the 7 dust. I treated him for them just incase. We soaked his legs and washed them a few times. Then put oil all over them for a few days. I treated him and her with Sulmet for 5 days. Been adding vitamins and electrolites to their water. He eats and drinks ok as he is in the brooder and scoots around. Now when you put him down outside he pretty much goes directly to his side without the brooder sides to hold him up. Other than some red marks on the underneath of his legs he looks perfect. I think the red is from laying on them and not standing. HELP!!

40479_p1020693.jpg

40479_p1020687.jpg

40479_p1020690.jpg

40479_p1020691.jpg

40479_p1020692.jpg

I had some that acted like that and it was worms. I have also read some posts where it could be vitamin defiency so.I wormed them and I also gave vitamin/electrolyes and some of them got better. Im not saying this is your problem but I would consider it. Maybe do a search on here and see if anybody else matches your problem.

Oh and I take a cotton ball and a little vet wrap and make him some cushions before he ends up with sores and an infections on those red spots.

Quote:
Well if nothing else comes up may try the worming. I am really thinking his time is short and hubby is gonna have to put him down
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom