roo or hen silkie and frizzle

mellielovesbantams

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2023
I am wondering about the black frizzle and this white silkie, I was thinking that silkie was a hen as I have a black one that is younger and already very obviously a roo. Today I noticed the long normal looking wing feathers so I got worried maybe it is a roo. also, the comb is feeling slightly bumpy. The frizzle I think is a girl but not sure. The comb looks really red in the close up, but if you look at the comb compared to the other two frizzles that I think are roos in the pic of them together. It is smaller and paler. That black frizzle was always smaller so it could be a bit younger I don't know.
20230808_100006 (1).jpg
20230808_100505.jpg
20230808_100234.jpg
20230808_100246.jpg

I don't know really, maybe 4 months old, The black silkie was younger and I know it's a roo it has big wattles and its comb is big and bumpy, The white ones are bigger. One I am pretty sure is a female but the one here I posted I just don't know, Those wing feathers made me think maybe it was a roo after all and it's quite a bit bigger than the other white one, they started off the same size. The black frizzle was smaller than the buff and white frizzles which I am pretty sure are both males. So I don't know if it was younger or just smaller cause its a hen

I don't know really, maybe 4 months old, The black silkie was younger and I know it's a roo it has big wattles and its comb is big and bumpy, The white ones are bigger. One I am pretty sure is a female but the one here I posted I just don't know, Those wing feathers made me think maybe it was a roo after all and it's quite a bit bigger than the other white one, they started off the same size. The black frizzle was smaller than the buff and white frizzles which I am pretty sure are both males. So I don't know if it was younger or just smaller cause its a hen
The black frizzle is a pullet the silkie Im not too sure. @BastyPutt any opinion?

The buff and white frizzles are definitely males, the black one is a female. The Silkie is looking like a female as well.
Thanks I know the white and buff are roos but the silkie I wasnt sure about it's way bigger than my other white silkie. I sure hope you are correct

Back
Top Bottom