Roo or pullet. Last round of yes or no

PluckyJen

Songster
7 Years
Jun 22, 2016
South Africa
Little one is going back tomorrow to the gent I got it from. He has lots of babies but I'm really nervous to dive into another one or two.
I have just suffered the loss of my 5yr old Harriet on Monday and my heart is still sore. So if this is a lad, I'm thinking of taking a break until the breeder has some polish fluffbutts, wyandotes or brahma. In a couple months they will breed. Hope this vid uploads.

Little one is going back tomorrow to the gent I got it from. He has lots of babies but I'm really nervous to dive into another one or two.
I have just suffered the loss of my 5yr old Harriet on Monday and my heart is still sore. So if this is a lad, I'm thinking of taking a break until the breeder has some polish fluffbutts, wyandotes or brahma. In a couple months they will breed. Hope this vid uploads.
I agree, looks like a cockerel. I can see wattles near the end of the video.
I am so sorry for the loss of your hen.😞

"he" is just over 4 weeks I think.
So off he goes back tomorrow to his little friends at the breeder.
The laugh is, there was a guy there buying Quail and he said he used to work at a chicken plant and said he was 100% this was a pullet based on vent and feather structure. But from my research I see there's a small scale of time when u can do the vent or wing sexing.
I don't want to be without chickens, they are my soul. At the same time I can't take others from him tomorrow and my luck this will be the 4th rooster I'm landing up with 😂 I'm only taking youngens because I need them to be tamed with my dogs and cats. Thanks everybody for your input.

"he" is just over 4 weeks I think.
So off he goes back tomorrow to his little friends at the breeder.
The laugh is, there was a guy there buying Quail and he said he used to work at a chicken plant and said he was 100% this was a pullet based on vent and feather structure. But from my research I see there's a small scale of time when u can do the vent or wing sexing.
I don't want to be without chickens, they are my soul. At the same time I can't take others from him tomorrow and my luck this will be the 4th rooster I'm landing up with 😂 I'm only taking youngens because I need them to be tamed with my dogs and cats. Thanks everybody for your input.
Yeah, it's a he. Sorry.

I literally think my only option of finding pullets is to post pics here while I'm at the Breeders 😂😂 then sort them. That said, also get them at the best age to do it too. He has newly hatched and 4 weeker at the moment. Im thinking it's safer to wait.

Back
Top Bottom