Roof suggestions?

google "free standing lean to roof plans".
Instead of making it free standing, you could attach it to your existing run. I would raise the front at least 12 inches and run the rafters down and attach them to the top of your existing back wall. You could probably use hurricane clips to attach your rafters, to make it easy. Use plastic panels for the roof, there light weight and will serve your purpose. I used tuftex panels from Lowes, for my run roof.

Here's a pic I found, that might help you see what I am talking about.

Lean to roof.jpg

Gotcha.
Why do you want it against the wall?
Will the low side of roof go over wall ?
Mostly to conserve space. And so that is is more protected from the elements without having to close it in. Yes, the roof can totally over hang. The wall is ~4ft right there

google "free standing lean to roof plans".
Instead of making it free standing, you could attach it to your existing run. I would raise the front at least 12 inches and run the rafters down and attach them to the top of your existing back wall. You could probably use hurricane clips to attach your rafters, to make it easy. Use plastic panels for the roof, there light weight and will serve your purpose. I used tuftex panels from Lowes, for my run roof.

Here's a pic I found, that might help you see what I am talking about.

View attachment 1761344
Thank you!!! I will
Start figuring out my dimensions

Take this with a grain because I'm terrible at envisioning in my head.
We have a similar project underway. My run is made of a chain link Kennel, however, so we already have more structure to work with.
We we're thinking placing 12' (kennel one way is 10') over the top. We are also intending to slant the roof. I think DH plans to make things look similar to the above posters picture. Chain link poles aren't terrible in cost, but 2x4 likely cheaper.
You know what is also cheap, and way lighter? Electrical conduit! Or rigid PVC piping! Super easy to cut and assemble like an erector set. If I were better at imagining, I might narrow the suggestion down, but hope that helps a bit with ideas.

Side note. PVC cut in half and a rain barrel can control your run off.

Back
Top Bottom