Roos or Pullets

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time with it. I AM too. I have had the worst luck since March, I have a Super Blue Egg Layer I am also conflicted about. Sitting with her today made me feel better. Her comb was red/large early on. She is white which is also hard to tell. All of her feathers are round in areas where they would be pointy if it is a cockerel. She finally grew into her comb which didn't seem as red or large today. I didn't see any waddles on her. I hope for the best, but parting with another chicken is going to be hard as I purchased them online as pullets.

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time with it. I AM too. I have had the worst luck since March, I have a Super Blue Egg Layer I am also conflicted about. Sitting with her today made me feel better. Her comb was red/large early on. She is white which is also hard to tell. All of her feathers are round in areas where they would be pointy if it is a cockerel. She finally grew into her comb which didn't seem as red or large today. I didn't see any waddles on her. I hope for the best, but parting with another chicken is going to be hard as I purchased them online as pullets.
I completely understand! I love all of my babies. Unfortunately I live in the downtown area of my city. Other neighbors have backyard coops buy no roosters. I will attempt to keep one of her four suspected cockerels. If it’s an issue I’ll give him to the same person I’ll give the other three to.
It’s just so hard to know for certain!

Back
Top Bottom