Rooster and heat lamp problems

Yes but my rooster can attack them, and I don't know if a broody hen will stay broody for the chicks temp needs
Is the broody behind a wire wall, small enough mesh to keep chicks from wandering away?
Has your advisor and owner of the property have experience with managing a broody?

Thank you. Do you know why my rooster might not be drinking any water in his cage? I think it might be because he just is not thirsty as I barely see him drink any water but I know for sure there is no disease

If the chicks are hatched with a broody, they don't need a lamp and they don't need the rooster separated. The hen will protect them
Thank you. My broody silky hen obviously doesn't like me touching her eggs and she used to stand up for herself well even though she is half the size of my rooster, when my rooster tries to mate with her she simply puffs up and doesn't even try to defend herself, she just puffs up. I think she is just too nice to try and peck

He's probably stressed because of being in the cage away from his group
True. I will have to look into that. Will having his cage close too and facing the nesting box help? He always goes to check on shadow my broody hen to make sure she is ok while she is broody. Some say a rooster wont attack chicks that are his but I don't think a rooster will be able to tell the difference

True. I will have to look into that. Will having his cage close too and facing the nesting box help? He always goes to check on shadow my broody hen to make sure she is ok while she is broody. Some say a rooster wont attack chicks that are his but I don't think a rooster will be able to tell the difference
My males never attack chicks. Even had a cockerel that lived by himself tolerate them when they got stuck in his pen. As far as he's concerned, the babies are his, just like a broody hen considers all her chicks hatched under her to be hers

The rooster needs to be freed.
It doesn’t sound like he can access the chicks.
Have you ever actually seen him go after a chick anyways?

Back
Top Bottom