We added the roosting bar tonight so there is plenty of room. He got up there and pecked at a few of them because apparently he wants a certain spot lol they jumped off and moved to the other end and he’s happy. He’s sitting at one end and all the girls huddled up on the other end of an additional roosting bar. Fingers crossed everyone gets along tonight!

We have to finish our boxes for the hens and once we get the tops on them I’m gonna put a third roosting bar that goes the length of the coop so another roughly 7 foot bar. So there will be three 7 foot roosting bars in total when it’s done. Hopefully everyone can find a spot 😂

I don't think the rooster was aggressive. I think it's just a one-time thing, maybe he was trying to get some dirt off of the hen's foot and it by accident caused the blood. Also, it might not even have been the rooster's fault since you don't know where the blood came from. I would let the rooster sleep with the hens a couple of more nights and see if you find any more blood or injuries.

Back
Top Bottom