Rooster: Barred Rock, Mixed, or...?

IsaacK

Songster
6 Years
Jul 4, 2016
Central Indiana
I have a rooster that was with several barred rock hens. I thought it was also BR, but the color just seems off to me. There are also stray tiny red feathers, and barely noticeable feathering on the legs. Some of his tail feathers are irridescent and some are mostly white with barring. Any thoughts?

This picture is the brother to mine that a friend has. I will post more photos (body shot and feathering included) as soon as I can. Thanks. :)

Edited to add more pictures. Still a dark rainy kinda day here, so the color isnt the greatest in these. He is a near duplicate in color to the roo above, except his feet are a little lighter color and he has what resembles pin feathers that look like they are starting, but never fill out.

Last edited:
Ya, please post a picture of yours as well. A close, full body, broadside, standing picture would be best.

Actually, nvm I think I've seen some BE roos like that but yes Gray Forums is right we need that kinda picture with him standing broadside.

Just asking but when are the pics coming? Not to be rude
tongue.png

Sorry about that. We had some storms come through and there was a lot going on yesterday.Not to mention the crazy rooster was soaked because he decided to go crow in the rain. The hens were smarter, lol. Hoping to get pics later today of the hopefully drier roo.

Sorry about that. We had some storms come through and there was a lot going on yesterday.Not to mention the crazy rooster was soaked because he decided to go crow in the rain. The hens were smarter, lol. Hoping to get pics later today of the hopefully drier roo. 
ok, my silkies do that 2 (not crow but they stand in the rain)

Added more pictures to the original post. Sorry they are dark, its still raining off and on. I will try for better ones. You can see the sparse feathers that look like they are "starting" on the sides of his legs in the second picture. They never grow more than that though. Thanks again. -Kay

Back
Top Bottom