Rooster booster worming? I'm not seeing signs of worms but wondering if the product is any good

You won't see worms and the only real way to know if you have an issue is to have a fecal sample tested.
Collecting the sample from a midday defecation will give the most accurate result.

Last edited:
I am going to try using Wazine first to kill round worms and nodular worms then follow up with safeguard liquid goat wormer to kill the rest because I heard that if you just use Wazine, you won't get all of the worms and if you just use the Safeguard you can kill too many at one time and flood the bird's system. Does anyone else do this?

I am going to try using Wazine first to kill round worms and nodular worms then follow up with safeguard liquid goat wormer to kill the rest because I heard that if you just use Wazine, you won't get all of the worms and if you just use the Safeguard you can kill too many at one time and flood the bird's system. Does anyone else do this?
I used to, but stopped using wazine. If there is an infestation of large roundworms internally and wazine paralyzes ALL of them, there will be intestinal blockage that will occur...toxic dead worm overload = dead chicken. Same for safeguard, IF there's an infestation.
You can use valbazen. It slowly kills worms over several days, no need to worry about toxic dead worm overload.

I used to, but stopped using wazine. If there is an infestation of large roundworms internally and wazine paralyzes ALL of them, there will be  intestinal blockage that will occur...toxic dead worm overload = dead chicken. Same for safeguard, IF there's an infestation.
You can use valbazen. It slowly kills worms over several days, no need to worry about toxic dead worm overload.

Dawg do you follow a worming routine with your hens? How long do you have to throw the eggs awAy with valbazin?

Quote:
When and how often you worm depends on your soil conditions. Warm moist or wet soil requires frequent wormings. Dry desertlike or cool/cold rocky, mountainous soil requires less worming. I've had to worm every 3 months, sometimes sooner due to our warm moist soil most of the year from all the rain. I toss eggs for 14 days, same with safeguard. Valbazen and safeguard are the two main wormers I use in rotation, sometimes zimectrin gold. I have a bottle of liquid pyrantle pamoate, havnt used it yet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom