Rooster can't move, PLEASE HELP!

Well I have him but he is almost dead what is molasses water? And will it help with the rooster

Lately I don't have time for anything that gets sick. We put down a hen last week that had internal hatching. As much as we loved her we figured it was best to cull her and bury here rather then see her suffer. When I have one that comes down sick though with anything including a bad cold, they get contained in a separate area so they wont get the rest of the flock sick. If they are not better within a few days it's off to be culled. The only one I have kept around that had any issues was little man our game bird. He however just had a sprained leg. He is finally up and about daily now. However people almost made me cull him swearing he had mareks disease yet i knew it was his leg. After paying the vet $150 he also said it was a sprained leg, and sent him home with a bandage. Now little man is up walking and hopping sometimes to all around his pen.

So be careful when folks in here tell you what is wrong with any chicken, half of them think they know everything and yet know nothing.
lol.png
After 20 plus years of me raising chickens I pretty much know what is going on with mine when they start acting different. Well with the exception of one hen, she has mental issues.
lau.gif

Have you checked his leg for any injury/fracture/tendon issues? Has he been eating/drinking? 

He is sort of eating grass, but he cant sit up he keeps falling over to be honest i think it is it leg, but i don't know what to do

Lately I don't have time for anything that gets sick. We put down a hen last week that had internal hatching. As much as we loved her we figured it was best to cull her and bury here rather then see her suffer. When I have one that comes down sick though with anything including a bad cold, they get contained in a separate area so they wont get the rest of the flock sick. If they are not better within a few days it's off to be culled. The only one I have kept around that had any issues was little man our game bird. He however just had a sprained leg. He is finally up and about daily now. However people almost made me cull him swearing he had mareks disease yet i knew it was his leg. After paying the vet $150 he also said it was a sprained leg, and sent him home with a bandage. Now little man is up walking and hopping sometimes to all around his pen.

So be careful when folks in here tell you what is wrong with any chicken, half of them think they know everything and yet know nothing.:lol: After 20 plus years of me raising chickens I pretty much know what is going on with mine when they start acting different. Well with the exception of one hen, she has mental issues.:lau

I think it might be his leg but the vets are a bit to expensive just to tell me that he is going to die or if he has a sprained leg, :/ i don't know what to do

First separate him and bring him inside if possible to monitor his condition. Run you fingers down leg can you feel a fracture or is there any swelling? Is he using wings for balance?

To check for tendon issues run thumbs down back of leg from hock to shank,press down while doing this,what you are checking for is a slipped tendon,it will feel loose/springy almost like an elastic band. If you feel slipped tendon press down,you should feel tendon snap back into place,this may have to be done several times a day or you could try wrapping to keep in place,when i was treating a slipped tendon in a rooster i just pressed down several times a day. Compare to this other leg so you can feel the difference. You can also gently stretch leg back(like bird would do while normally stretching)this helps to stretch tendon and keeps it from stiffening up.

Try and get him to eat his feed as opposed to grass. Offer some of his favorite foods to encourage eating,make sure he is drinking.

He is sort of eating grass, but he cant sit up he keeps falling over to be honest i think it is it leg, but i don't know what to do
I think it might be his leg but the vets are a bit to expensive just to tell me that he is going to die or if he has a sprained leg,
hmm.png
i don't know what to do

Give him chicken feed rather then grass. If he has got a sprained leg like little man had then he will keep himself going. make sure he doesn't have to stand up to get to the water. I used a chick waterer for little man feel his legs and look for hot spots. If it's hot any place either its a break or a sprain. Once you find the area feel for a break or even a swollen area.

I actually had a hen 2 years ago almost die on me because she got bit by a black widow spider. I hope that isn't your case. Believe me it took her days to get back to normal.

Here is a video o him in his small coop, he is on his own, see what I mean about his leg shaking:/ any thoughts now ?

Back
Top Bottom