Rooster, Do they all crow?

Gazinga

Chook Norris
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Palm Springs, California
ok, im in the comon position of having bought ten buff orphingtons, and one wound up being a roo! I only want eggs and no chick, and i dont want to disturb the neighbors with crowing. I knew i had to get rid of the roo, how ever, i have become attached to the little guy! darn it! so i have a hopefull question...do al roos crows or can we get lucky and get one that stays pretty much quite! i bet i know the answer, but i have my fingers crossed

I've never heard of a roo that doesn't crow! maybe, just maybe, when he starts your neighbors will like it! I know I've missed hearing a rooster crow (had them when I was a kid). Good luck to you!

There is crowing and there is crowing. I don't have a lot of experience, but I would think some roosters crow more than others. A random crow now and then probably wouldn't bother anyone.
wink.png

I am blessed with neighbors who love an occasional crow! He only crows in the morning before I let them out of the coop though. You don't really hear it unless you are standing right next to it.

My understanding is that larger roosters and those who don't have much competition with other roosters do not crow as much. I also agree that keeping him inside the coop in the mornings will -hopefully- keep the sound somewhat contained.

I as well thought we had hens until last week when the coop crowed at 5:45am!

good luck!

They all crow, but in varying degrees of annoying-ness.

I have two roosters and they are pretty good about not crowing ALL DANG DAY LONG and they are also good about waiting until at least daylight hours.

I am totally new to chickens and only have one rooster but I have yet to hear a crow out of him. I would hold off on giving your guy away...especially if he's a nice one!

Back
Top Bottom