Rooster doesn't like my shoes?!!

AmyJ

Songster
14 Years
Jan 21, 2009
Wallkill, NY
It seems my rooster does not like my shoes! I got new ones wore them outside this morning to look at the garden etc. He started attacking my feet/shoes! He would not stop. He was going for the shoes! He did this a number of times, so I went in and changed into my boots I have been wearing outside with the snow/mud and he was fine. Went in and changed back to the new shoes and same thing, he started attacking them again. He is a very good rooster, never had any problem with him before. Has anyone ever had this happen to them before?

I have a brown chineese gander that hates my bright green work boots. He bites them and chases me when Im wearing them. He never does it unless I am wearing thoes boots
roll.png

My chinese gander thinks that anything white is another goose, and he'll go crazy trying to kill it... like my tee-shirt (once, I took a bath, and was wearing a towel, and actually had to take it OFF to put the goose and ducks in, because with it on, he kept attacking, and with it off (naked!), he ignored me... glad my neighbors aren't so close!), the water bucket, feed bag, etc.

My rooster is used to my black/navy crocs and he really *loves* my black muck boots, he doesnt' seem to notice my black work tennis shoes.......but he attacks my shoes everytime I wear my BROWN hiking boots. Apparently he either doesn't like the shoes or the color brown
hu.gif

It doesn't hurt me, so I find it funny at best, annoying at worst.

Quote:
Possible. He pecks and bites the brown toe of my boots, but also yanks and pulls on the laces.
My black tennis shoes have black laces that don't stand out and he never notices them, but the brown boots have dark navy laces that contrast and stand out.

Not shoes, but no one is allowed to wear a red plaid shirt or jacket here. Dot will not tolerate it. He is relentless and will keep attacking. Dot is a strong 3.5 pound Rooster and can do some damage, especially now that his spurs have grown back.

Red is fine as long as it is a solid color. Plaid is what sets him off.

Matt

The shoes he seems to hate are brown with laces. My other boots are black, doesnt bother them or if I have white sneakers on, doesnt bother them either. He is very aggressive with these shoes. Puffing all up etc. He didnt hurt me at all, but I am just worried that if he doesnt like something I have on, he will do the same thing if he dislikes something one of my kids is wearing.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom